IWD:II Item Question

Meanfred

Greetings,

I noticed when starting a new game for the first time, that my fighter main character came with some out of the ordinary starter equipment.

#1. Fierce Short Sword

The short sword is the first type of sword to come into existence. In simplest terms, a short sword can be considered a dagger with a blade so long that it can no longer be called a dagger. The term short sword does not exist in sword classifications. However, it has come to be used to describe a double-edged blade about two feet in length. The short sword tip is usually pointed, ideal for thrusting.

This masterwork short sword belonged to Sir Roderick The Fierce, before he passed it on to his heir, <PCCHARNAME>.

Statistics:

Damage: 1D6

Attack Bonus: +1

Damage Type: Piercing

Special: Spell Power: Can cast the spell Resist Fear 2/day

Weight: 3 lb.

Feat Requirement: Simple Weapon, Small Blade

Type: One-handed

#2. Ring of Protection +1, Mother's Love

This magical ming provides the user with additional protection. This particular ring was sent to you in secret by your mother.

Statistics:

Deflection Bonus: +1

Weight: 0 lb.

I have looked everywhere on the web and cannot find out where they come from. I am assuming they are a feature of one of the mods I have installed, but I pretty much only have the Tweak Pack and NPC Project as mods for IWD:II. If anyone knows the origin of these items, or what mod they are from, please let me know. Thanks a ton for your help and cooperation in such a trivial matter. Thanks again and have fun. God Bless and Later Days. =P

It shows up in Infinity Explorer, but has no resource file name attached to it. The Items doesn't even show up in my inventory in Dale Keeper. In Infinity Explorer, when you click on the item name it does nothing, but when you click on other items, it goes to their resource file (##blahblahblah##.itm) and shows the items complete description. This is really confusing, from what I can see, I can't trace these items to any mod I have added to IWD:II.

Once again, thanks for all your help. Have fun and be safe. God Bless and Later Days. =P

Stupid Me! I found out that these items were given to me from Sir Nord at the beginning of the game from the IWD:II NPC Project Mod. Question Answered. I guess I need to pay attention to the dialog and "Party Has Received An Item" messages more often, Lol.

Thanks again for your time and help guys. Be safe and have fun. God Bless and Later Days. =P

PS: HAPPY 4th OF JULY! *W00T*

Archived