The BG1NPC project for ... well... BG1

Jarin

There are two brilliant BG1 mods in my opiniun, which is this one, and the Fields of the Dead. However, FoTD can not be run on Tutu because it is incompatible with TutuFix, and BG1NPC prject can not be run on original BG because of... Ehrm... Why exactly?

Engine limitation as Icendoan already pointed out; Most triggers that make the NPC banters, comments and romances possible are not available in BG1: No direct check in which area the group is in (necessary for area-related dialogues), no trigger for dialogues upon resting (necessary especially for romantic banters before going to bed *ahem*), no trigger whether the party just rested (needed for morning dialogues), not even a trigger in which kind of area the party is in (outdoor, dungeon, city). Interjections have to be coded in a very complicated way.

Using Zed Nocear's trigger simulations for BG1, most of them can be more or less simulated, but it's a lot of work and the whole code structure has to be changed etc. Unfortunately no-one is going to do that for the whole BG1NPC project, which is huge. EDIT: And some dialogues would have to be altered, to reflect the changed trigger situation. All dialogues upon rest, for example, would have to be altered or skipped; the romances would have to be partly rewritten (since most of the times the most important dialogue in a romance is a dialogue upon resting, for obvious reasons..) Since the mod has a very strict author content policy, meaning the consent of the authors for changes in the dialogues would be needed, and some of them aren't active any longer, plus the huge work amount such a transition would cost if ever considered, I guess it is save to say that BG1NPC poject for BG1 will never happen.

I made the effort to make the BG1NPC Ajantis romance BG1 compatible, the mod is currently in beta: Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modifikation From the BG1NPC content, it features the Ajantis romance only (plus a new friendship track). That is all BG1NPC content for BG1 I can offer. :D

Personally, I'd prefer FoTD for BG1tutu.
Would be nice, but Echon's not going to code it. Dunno if he'd let someone else do it, would be a lot of work though (maybe even more than making BG1NPC compatible with BG1).
Personally, I'd prefer FoTD for BG1tutu.
Would be nice, but Echon's not going to code it. Dunno if he'd let someone else do it, would be a lot of work though (maybe even more than making BG1NPC compatible with BG1).

Making tutufix append to files instead of overwriting the files might also solve the problem... Might take not so long, as it is not an entire port.

Making tutufix append to files instead of overwriting the files might also solve the problem... Might take not so long, as it is not an entire port.
No, FotD would need to be recoded to account for Tutu resources instead of BG ones. Which in itself would be fairly easy, but then you'd want to make it patching instead of overwriting too, which can be a real pain in the arse for something as big as FotD. Though maybe Ascension64 could do it in a few hours...

Also, you don't need Tutufix if you're using EasyTutu (though you can only get that in English).

No, FotD would need to be recoded to account for Tutu resources instead of BG ones. Which in itself would be fairly easy, but then you'd want to make it patching instead of overwriting too, which can be a real pain in the arse for something as big as FotD. Though maybe Ascension64 could do it in a few hours...

Also, you don't need Tutufix if you're using EasyTutu (though you can only get that in English).

Echon said something about installing FOTD on Baldur's Gate, and THEN tutu-ing it...

Echon said something about installing FOTD on Baldur's Gate, and THEN tutu-ing it...
In theory, that might work, but in practice it probably wouldn't work that well. You used to be able to do that with the Vault mod, but none of us who tried it ever really got it working until erebusant fully recoded it (though someone probably still needs to "Tutufy" it since his version is for BGT, but that should be fairly easy now). There are just too many differences between BG1 and the BG2/Tutu engine.

Archived