IWD FixPack w/ Grog's fixes

Guest Guest_Quitch_*

Guest Guest_Quitch_*

Can I use the FixPack in conjunction with Gorg's fixes in Auril's Bane? Gorg's seem to be focused on monster class, alignment, etc. But I don't know if this will break or interfere with other FixPack work, or is no longer necessary.

Guest Guest

Ah, full fix list:

2. FIX LIST

1) Fixed all creatures with inccorect or missing alignment, class, race, and /or resistances

2) Hold Person's duration was wrong: instead of the listed 2r/lvl it was 1r/lvl in game

3) The casting speed for Hold Animal did not match the description

4) Spectral Guards are now much more closely related to Spectres. Therefore, they are much more deadly (and worth more XP too)

5) Curse did not give a -1 penalty to all Saving Throws as per the description and was cumulative with itself.

6) Resist Fire/Cold was erroneously cumulative with itself.

7) Dispel Magic was not updated to remove the effects of several HoW Spells.

8) Barksin's AC bonus did not improve with levels as per the description

9) The Merry Shorthorn didn't play its associated sound when used.

10) Various Dialog Fixes

11) Various weapons in Conlan's shop cost too much. *See Note*

12) Standardized [spell] Scroll Prices

13) Mirror Image now gives the correct number of random images

14) The Mage Robe of Electrical Existance didn't give its stated bonus (20%)

15) Pemby's Wand of Many Missiles did the wrong kind of damage (missile instead of magic)

16) Tongue of the Gloomfrost did Piercing damage instead of slashing damage (as per the description)

Guest TJHoenecke

Has this question ever been answered?

On a related matter, when I installed the Grog's Fixes component of Auril's Bane so that I could also install Redrake's Fixpack, I got an error message at the end of the installation about the buglist fix text file being absent -- is this list posted here what would have been in that readme?

Can I use the FixPack in conjunction with Gorg's fixes in Auril's Bane? Gorg's seem to be focused on monster class, alignment, etc. But I don't know if this will break or interfere with other FixPack work, or is no longer necessary.

Cam tried to get the Tweak Pack fixes as compatible as possible with Grog's work. Since it is properly installed after Auril's Bane, the Fix Pack portion should take precedence where the two come together.

Has this question ever been answered?

On a related matter, when I installed the Grog's Fixes component of Auril's Bane so that I could also install Redrake's Fixpack, I got an error message at the end of the installation about the buglist fix text file being absent -- is this list posted here what would have been in that readme?

If you're refering to the Tweak Pack, the fixes are listed at the beginning of the Read-Me file. Is yours missing (your final question sounds like it)?

Guest TJHoenecke
If you're refering to the Tweak Pack, the fixes are listed at the beginning of the Read-Me file. Is yours missing (your final question sounds like it)?

I'm referring to the Grogfixes component from AB. The AB readme doesn't detail what those fixes are.

Redrake's readme was also a bit confusing, since he recommended installing the Grogfixes, but not AB -- but the way he worded it in the readme, he made it sound like you hade to have some version of Grogfixes that was an independant download from AB, and no such thing exists (at least according to Redrake, and I certainly couldn't find it).

Sorry about the confusion, that's what I get for raising an old thread from the dead! :rolleyes:

Redrake's readme was also a bit confusing, since he recommended installing the Grogfixes, but not AB -- but the way he worded it in the readme, he made it sound like you hade to have some version of Grogfixes that was an independant download from AB, and no such thing exists (at least according to Redrake, and I certainly couldn't find it).

Sorry about the confusion, that's what I get for raising an old thread from the dead! :)

I recently did a IwD-HoW-TotL build and while doing some bug testing I discovered that Grog's fixes within AB did indeed require the AB fixes. Although my testing was in no way extensive, when I installed Grog's fixes w/o AB's, I got a Black Screen of Death (or was it blue?). Of course, all was well when I included AB's fixes.

I can report that the build is running well with both fixes.

Archived