I am honestly confounded by this.

Icendoan

The IESDP says rndtreas.2da supports up to 9 rows. Might want to test it though.

Edit: Also, I thought BGT added more rows but on my BGT/BWP install I still only see 5. You might want to put a check in your code to make sure there aren't more than 8 rows already.

COUNT_2DA_ROWS 20 rw //counts all rows having at least 20 columns
ACTION_IF rw < 9 THEN BEGIN
 APPEND ~rndtreas.2da~ yada yada yada
END ELSE BEGIN
 PRINT ~Wtf kind of mod do you have installed that would max out rndtreas.2da?~
END

Given that the column count is always going to be the same for this table, you can get away with APPENDing entire rows. You might want to get more sophisticated based on how many rows are there (see for example how I handle tooltip.2da in Thrown Hammers), but I wouldn't worry too much about it since it doesn't look like too many mods are messing with this (yet).

Haha!

Thanks one hell of a lot!

Right.

Last question! (Until I encounter further problems)

ADD_SPELL.

If I use the WeiDU line;

ADD_SPELL ~IcensMod/Spells/CQ#6hea.spl~ 1 5 ~CQ#PASS_VITAE~

it will parse and install, but in-game, I cannot get it into my spellbook, whatever method I try.

I am playing a sorcerer and it doesn't appear in the levelup screen, nor in my spellbook if I use the Console to add it.

It is added to Spells.IDS though.

Any thoughts?

Icen

It won't show up unless you use the standard prefixes (spwi for wizard, sppr for priest, spin for innate). Or if you do something really funky with tables like Divine Remix. Also if you use ADD_SPELL you won't know what it ends up as, so you might be better off just COPYing it. There an old thread of mine on that (luckily I had it in a bookmark, 'cause no way G3's corroding database would've found it).

Right.

How do you use Macros?

I have got LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO, but I am unsure on how to use it and the readme isn't making much sense.

For the inbuilt macro, ADD_ITEM_EFFECT, it strings a whole ton of SETs, without any other sort of clue. Pretty much figured it out. I would, say, to add a damage header to anything, it would be

SET %opcode% 12

Icen

Archived