Simple Mods

Well, if you must recommend Notepad, at least tell people to do View/Status Bar so that they can actually see the column/position data. I'm not sure how far back into Notepad's rich history that is supported, but it at least works in XP Notepad.

Overall, the use of some text editor which supports things like multiple open documents, find/replace over multiple documents, drag-and-drop loading, syntax highlighting, etc. etc. is a productivity boon. I never said it had to be Context.

I have a component that does this already, if you don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I only changed nine files (seven bags of holding and two scrollcases) so it only takes me about eighteen seconds to update everything with near infinity. I downloaded your mod, though, and I'll definitely give it a look. My bags look like sh...er...crap and I'm sure yours are better. :)

Well, if you must recommend Notepad, at least tell people to do View/Status Bar so that they can actually see the column/position data.

<backing up slowly> :) I wasn't recommending anything. I just meant I thought the stuff you'd have to be able to do would require more than a text editor. <considers buying a sign that says "Total noob here." and wearing it around his neck>

I coded all my first stuff with Notepad and while it worked okay for me (I got used to it because I didn't know that there were other options at the time), I was amazed at how much easier a text editor with highlighters made coding for me. :)

I only changed nine files (seven bags of holding and two scrollcases) so it only takes me about eighteen seconds to update everything with near infinity. I downloaded your mod, though, and I'll definitely give it a look. My bags look like sh...er...crap and I'm sure yours are better. :)
Well there's 115 container BAMs in the link I gave you, so hopefully there's some that'll work ;). It also includes the code to replace the icons for all containers, and to rename them too if you want.

As for text editors, I use EditPad Classic for most everyday coding, if you can still find a free copy. It looks a lot like Notepad if you're used to that, only not nearly as lame. For heavier stuff, I use PSPad (link in my sig), which is really great, because you can do on-the-fly diffs just by selecting two files at once and right-clicking on PSPad TextDiff.

Archived