Problem w/ Upgraded Mace of Disruption / BLUN25.ITM

Guest Pete Foley

Guest Pete Foley

First off, thanks for making this fixpack. I don't know that much about programming, but I know enough to realize how much effort and dedication goes into combing through old works and fixing so many problems.

Anyway, I've been having some problems with the improved mace of disruption while playing the game. The undead destruction property isn't working as it should. It calls for a save vs polymorph against anyone I attack with it, even non-undead enemies - I can tell because sometimes they make the save and the text window says "save vs polymorph." As far as I can tell nothing actually happens to the enemy if they make the save. I checked the BLUN25.ITM file that the game uses for it in Infinity Explorer. blun25inu7.jpg

I don't know enough about how this game works to know what's doing everything here, but after comparing with the regular mace of disruption on BLUN12 I noticed some differences on this tab. I reinstalled the fixpack with the pinned hotfixes but the file stayed the same.

I haven't seen any other topics talking about this, so I'm not if sure if this is a bug or if I'm just really unlucky.

Thanks for reading this.

I've seen other posts with problems post their mod log so here's mine:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: 6.1

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

Guest Pete Foley

So has anyone else ever seen this problem before? Someone has to know what's going on and why these values are so incorrect.

Unfortunately, the mod authors seem to be on permanent holiday.

For the second two effects, the saving throw is an invalid value of 17 (11 in hex) with a bonus of 19. According to the description, it should be a saving throw vs. death (value of 4) with a -4 penalty. Since these are set on mesdie.eff and die.eff, they should probably just be set to zero on the effects in the .itm file.

These are set correctly on Azuredge (ax1h10.itm) as far as I can tell, though who knows what Item Upgrade does to it.

Archived