Where's the boss?

Shaitan

Cam is around, though not as much as we'd all like him to be at the moment and we will likely be continuing in the same way for some time.

We're currently looking at sorting out a way to make things operate a little more smoothly, especially as regards to mod releases and such. I'm sure there'll be an announcement once we've hammered out some details.

Cam is around, though not as much as we'd all like him to be at the moment and we will likely be continuing in the same way for some time.

We're currently looking at sorting out a way to make things operate a little more smoothly, especially as regards to mod releases and such. I'm sure there'll be an announcement once we've hammered out some details.

Thanks, we'll have to miss him as long :)

I knew it. He's in a celebrity rehab resort or something.

Can someone at least delete/block the freakin' spam? And maybe see why email notifications don't work?

Sorry guys, we're working on the Spam. For now, just report spam posts and one of the Gibberlings'll be along to torch it shortly.

Email notifications are one of those things we need to get permission off Cam for. As soon as we can get someone else who can fix that into the guts of the forum we'll try and get that functioning again.

Why doesn't he assign a trusted individual to be second in command with either admin or global mod powers with access to the site's FTP? It would be easier on Cammy and the fellow posters here if power, if minor, was shared with a trusted person or persons.

All Gibberlings had access to the FTP site until recently, but as alongside some of the forum issues we were having, the accounts got scrambled and we couldn't use them.

Access has been restored now, so we should be seeing mods actually being released and updated. We're also looking at a way we can all get emergency access to reset FTP access if something like this happens in future.

We're also hoping that a soon-to-be-done software upgrade will fix the email notifications as well as the other major issues.

Yes, I think the spambotting has reached critical mass. As far as "reporting posts" - they'd be too numerous to list here (and heh, since when is more spam a solution to spam?). Just do a "View New Posts" - half of it is bound to be gibberish. The sad thing is that there are a few legitimate Guest posts in this rubbish, and it's a real pain to try to sift through the crap to get to them.

Until recently, most of the guest posts I've seen have actually been relevant and useful posts or honest questions/comments.

Once the forums have all the necessary spam blocking tools up again, hopefully things will be cool again.

Archived