Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD5\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\CD6\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4258 bytes

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "BG"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 26 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD6\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD5\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD4\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD3\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD2\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD1\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF] 18858824 bytes, 2 files, 0 tilesets

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

1280 x 800.

Are you sure? Y/N

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bgmain2.exe] loaded, 4923392 bytes

FAILURE:

EXE patching failed.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("EXE patching failed.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 26 translation strings

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

-------------------------------------

before anyone else jumps in and shouts "dont use cracks" i must say that the game's not cracked, original 5 cd BG + 1cd ToSC version, patched. I saw a similar post with the exe problem but the guy there was using crack'ed exe, i'm not.

now any idea why its not working?

by the way, i just finished PS:T with widescreen, its a completely new experience, seeing that good-old classic in 1280*800, excellent wotk bigg, i must say.

Guest Guest_Raj_*

sorry for the next topic, when i saw the topic un-posted in one of my tabs, i clicked unconsciously. the next topic is actually a duplicate and completely unnecessary.

Guest Guest

I missed the following sentence when I first read it,

"Only the non-DX8 version of TotSC can be patched. If you installed the DX8 patch (or have the 3CD edition of ToS), you can simply install the non-DX8 patch over that to install this mod"

now that I re-installed the non-DX8 patch, the installation is running smooth.

Thanks for the fast response, and I'm sorry for the duplicate topic

Guest frolix22

I would like to request some assistance with the installation of the widescreen mod for BG + Tales of the Sword Coast.

I have an original 3CD set of BG + TOSC, with the original 6 disks packed onto three 3CDs.

Having freshly installed the game, I installed the TOSC UK Patch from Bioware's site here. Then I tried to install the widescreen patch but got an error. Having checked to see what the problem is in this thread, it seems the problem is that I have not done a "full install" of the game.

I apologise in advance for my complete ignorance on these matters but I would like to ask what a full install of the game is. I saw the guide to do a full install of PST but I cannot see one for BG + TOSC. I am assuming that it is something similar but I would be most grateful for some assitance before I try again.

I would also like to check that I am installing the correct Bioware patch for the game, as I understand that I need to have a fully patched installation before I can install the widescreen mod.

I am a big RPG fan and have heard great things about BG but I am not sure I could play all the way through it at its native resolution on my big monitor so I am most grateful to those involved in the development of the widescreen mod.

Would be really grateful for some assistance in getting the game and the mod installed correctly.

Install the non-dx8 patch (version 5512).
That's not needed on the 3cd version (the Original Saga), as it's included on the installation. (it reads so in the patch page)

Now, the full installation of the original game(5cd+1cd) was the custom installation with all boxes checked, so I would assume the OS has something on the same line.

Guest frolix22

Ok, just to confirm:

Do a full install by selecting custom install and selecting all the boxes.

Patch the game with patch 5512.

Install the widescreen mod.

Right?

I'm afraid the 5512 executable won't be able to cope with the cbf files (compressed bif) used in the 3 CD edition in order to reduce the overall size. This executable is probably too old to handle them. You may try, though. Just ensure you check if the game is working properly with it (I'd suggest you go as far as getting out of Candlekeep to improve your chance of finding any problem at the earliest) before you install Widescreen.

Guest radroz

I have the same problem ( exe patching failed ). I have the original polish version, but it's just one dvd baldur's gate saga ( bg1 + totsc + bg2 + tob ).It's prepatched. What should i do ?

I too run the special 4-in-1 DVD edition that comes pre-patched and this mod will not work on it.

My error message is identical to the one at the beginning of the thread.

My version is the international DVD edition of BG1, the TotSC CD ROM, the international DVD edition of BG2 and the ToB CD ROM, again, all pre-patched. The required 5512 patch will not work on my install.

Any workarounds?

Archived