Race restrictions

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Is there a mod that removes the racial restrictions for class choice? Im currently planning to play the Xan mod and I want to play bard but he will only romance full elves :)

Guest Guest
There's no mod for this, because this cannot be edited without resorting to reverse-engineering the game executable file (which very few people here are capable to do).

boo :)

thanks for the fast reply tho

Elves dont get any of the fun classes ;)

There is no reason that you cannot create your character as a human, and then change it to an elf using ShadowKeeper before you recruiting Xan. I've done that myself when romances have race restrictions, but I still wanted to play a paladin.

There is no reason that you cannot create your character as a human, and then change it to an elf using ShadowKeeper before you recruiting Xan. I've done that myself when romances have race restrictions, but I still wanted to play a paladin.
You're such a cheater. Everyone knows elves can't be paladins.
You're such a cheater. Everyone knows elves can't be paladins.

But why can't they be bards :S

But why can't they be bards :S
That is a pretty stupid restriction I've always said. I believe elves (or at least half-elves) could be cavaliers, dating back to 1st edition or so, which was originally just a noble warrior/crusader of sorts before becoming the paladin kit. I guess they're just not "churchy" enough to be real paladins or something.

(:) @ 3e)

That is a pretty stupid restriction I've always said.

Actually, even in 2E AD&D Elves can legally become Minstrels (the Minstrel is a Bard kit from the "Complete Bard's Handbook"). Here's a small snippet from the kit's description:

Of all musicians in the world, none can play as purely as an elf. Minstrels spend their entire lives seeking musical perfection. Of course, the definition of perfection differs from one culture to the next. Elves believe that music should be simple, pure, beautiful, and natural. Furthermore, those who listen should become lost in the music, and their spirits should transcend their bodies to ride upon the sweet flow of glittering notes. Elves are a very magical race, and this is especially true of Minstrels. It is said that Minstrels cast spells by the simple strumming of an instrument.

Also, according to the "Complete Paladin's Handbook" Elves may become demipaladins if they meet the necessary requirements.

Archived