Which mods to install, and in what order?

Guest Guest_Manytaur_*

Guest Guest_Manytaur_*

Heh, I'm a bit overwhelmed here.. there are simply too many mods and tweak packs and what have you at this site (and elsewhere), and I have no idea where to start now that I decided to give the trilogy another run through.

I have BG1 + TotSC and BG2 + ToB (ToB has the latest patch). Then I installed Easytutu. But then it gets more challenging.

If I were to install, say, the BG1 NPC Project, the Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters mod and the BG2 Tweak Pack, what order should they be installed in?

Furthermore, is there a mod in existence that makes money less readily available (some sort of 'hard times' mod), and if there is, does it work with the above mentioned mods?

Thanks for your patience!

See the Tutu mod list and install order guide in my signature. I believe the order you mentioned the mods is the order in which you should install them. Hard Times is at the same place you got EasyTutu, and I think should go early (though probably doesn't matter too much where you put it).

Guest Guest_Manytaur_*

Thanks Miloch! I'll install them in that order.

I seem to have a problem with the 'Hard Times' mod, though.. it tells me to 'please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory', and that a 'FATAL ERROR' has occured - unable to find dialog.tlk'. Hmm...

I guess I can omit that one if I can't get it to work, but it would have been a nice addition.

Guest Guest_Manytaur_*

Nevermind the above post.. I was trying to install it into the wrong directory. Now it's working.

One more question, if anyone has the patience to answer. :)

If I want to install a BG2 banter pack on top of the above mentioned mods, will it be compatible and should I install it last? Asking since I couldn't find any mention of it in the link in Miloch's sig.

Thanks in advance!

Archived