BG 1 Tutu mods installing order?

Jazhara7

So, I've finally got my new computer, and am very happy with it. However, that means I also have to install Tutu again. That alone is no problem as by now I think I've become quite savvy in that. However, I am not as experienced with installing mods for it, as last time I only had a few essentials installed. So I'd be happy if someone could give me some advice on the install order I best follow.

I have Baldur's Gate 1+TotSC, and Baldur's Gate II+ToB. Using EasyTutu.

Grouped by site I've acquired the mods from.

Ye olde Gibberlings 3:

BG 1 NPC

BG 1 NPC Music

BG 2 Music

Coran Friendship

Moinesse Avatars v2

Murneth v7

Song and Silence v2

Gavin v3.1

BG 2 Tweak Pack

Sorcerers Place Collection

BG 1 Quests and Encounters

The Plane of Pockets (now where did I put that key?)...err, Pocketplane Group:

EasyTutu (duh)

EasyTutu DeGreenifier v4(anything I have to watch out with this one? I am not sure I used it last time)

EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer v3

EasyTutu NPCKits v2

BG 1 Unfinished Business for Tutu v6

Ironmodder Tutu Pack

Map Notes

Tutu AI pack

(The following are grouped in the entry "Tutu Enhancements")

Sirine's Call v7

Indira NPC v11

Finch NPC v3

Xan BG1 Friend v4

Hold onto your Spells - In Spellhold Studios:

One Pixel Productions - Flaming Swords

(Hosted in their forums since the original sites are no longer there or other reasons)

Secret of Bone Hill (v2.15)

Mulgore and Xavia NPCs

Black Wyrm Lair:

The Grey Clan Episode 1

Herbs and Potions Add-in

Brendan Bellina Downloads:

All the downloads Under "Baldur's Gate II and BG1Tutu" (containers quivers, as well as a weapon).

Other/Not Sure:

Drizzt is Not Stupid Tutu v2

The Vault

Stone of Askavar v1.2

MixMod v5

Wild Mage Additions

Hard Times

Grey Acumen's Kit improvements

Beregost Crash Fixer 13

Okay, that's a lot. What I'd like to know is, are they all compatible, and in which order I best install them. Please tell me if I there is some mod that shouldn't be there too, as with some I wasn't quite sure if it was for Tutu or even BG 1, even if it was on Pocketplane's modlist (like Moinesse's avatars).

Thanks in advance for any help I'll hopefully receive. :)

- :):(:O;);):):)

Most of that stuff should be on the Tutu mod list in my signature.

Run the Degreenifier right after EasyTutu. It takes a while, but no big deal once it's done.

Never heard of Tutu AI or Map Notes but they look like they were probably incorporated in a larger mod by now - maybe someone on PPG knows.

Bone Hill and the Vault are not yet compatible with Tutu, but they're getting there (pester erebusant on SHS for progress).

I think the Bellina stuff is non-WeiDU... can't really recommend it if so.

Kit stuff can go near the end - before or after TutuGUI if you're using it (recommended) but before Level1NPCs if you're using that.

Thank you for the help, Miloch.

Also, I just remembered I wanted to ask for which "Check the Bodies" is. The description over at SHS speaks about the Tutorial level in Candlekeep, but on the side it says it's for BG II and ToB.

- :):O:););):):)

Guest Psalm
Yeah, CtB is for BG2/BGT only.

Also, Bone Hill, Drizzt Saga and Worldmap should now be compatible with Tutu, as erebusant posted over on SHS.

I'd appreciate your honest opinion on Easy Tutu vs BGT in their most current formats. It seems to me that the only major advantage BGT has is the BP mega mod (but TDD, SoS, nor NEJ seem to get good reviews).

Thank you.

I'd appreciate your honest opinion on Easy Tutu vs BGT in their most current formats. It seems to me that the only major advantage BGT has is the BP mega mod (but TDD, SoS, nor NEJ seem to get good reviews).
I don't actually have a strong opinion on this subject, and I develop mods on both platforms (and BG1 also). BGT has more mods, and the main benefit is probably attempting to unite BG1 and BG2, but importing from Tutu or BG1 to BG2 is probably much the same thing. BGT's support is probably better (unquestionably so for foreign languages); Tutu, EasyTutu at any rate, is probably somewhat easier to install, but not overwhelmingly so if you're not going the megamod route. DavidW claims Tutu's code is more intuitive, but I'm not so sure. For one thing, it'll be easier to apply the BG1 Fixpack game text update to BGT due to the straightforward way in which it handles strings; also it's developer documentation is better (I'm not even sure if Tutu has any).
Guest Psalm
I don't actually have a strong opinion on this subject, and I develop mods on both platforms (and BG1 also). BGT has more mods, and the main benefit is probably attempting to unite BG1 and BG2, but importing from Tutu or BG1 to BG2 is probably much the same thing. BGT's support is probably better (unquestionably so for foreign languages); Tutu, EasyTutu at any rate, is probably somewhat easier to install, but not overwhelmingly so if you're not going the megamod route. DavidW claims Tutu's code is more intuitive, but I'm not so sure. For one thing, it'll be easier to apply the BG1 Fixpack game text update to BGT due to the straightforward way in which it handles strings; also it's developer documentation is better (I'm not even sure if Tutu has any).

Thank you Miloch.

I shall go with BGT for a megamod install and will shift focus into reading the relevant forums. May I ask your opinion on Big World Project vs erebusant's mega mod list. I am far from being an expert but I am willing to do the required reading/research inorder to make a clean and stable install of a mega mod. Any links you provide will be greatly appreciated. I suppose all that's left is for me to patiently await the next release of either BWP (Leonardo last mentioned a v5.3 due in "a few days" but I'll wait for v6) or erebusant's next approved mega mod list.

May I ask your opinion on Big World Project vs erebusant's mega mod list.
It really depends on which mods you want to install. If you want most of the mods in erebusant's list and no others, go with his list. He is more experienced as a player and a modder than the BWP folks. By the same token though, he tends to run with some "unconventional" mods, including some he's currently working on, so you would not want to use those until they're finished. Also, I believe the BWP install order is based off of his, so it's really six of one, half dozen of another.
Guest Brendan Bellina
I think the Bellina stuff is non-WeiDU... can't really recommend it if so.

My stuff is all WeiDU. I include both Windows and Mac Weidu installers.

Regards,

Brendan

Archived