Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes

Demivrgvs

-the bhaal innate ability "Cure light wounds" is not the same of his SR's counterpart: it heals always 8 HP, has longer casting time and if I am not mistaken the casting sound is the one of arcane, not divine, necromancy.

-Gust of wind doesn't work. When an area of effect spell is cast, and then removed via Gust of wind, the cloud's animation disappears, but the damage from the cloud continues (as in cloudkill, for example)

Are you using SR v2? I've just re-tested it on a clean install and everything seems ok (innate cure light wounds heals 1d8 +1/level and clearair.2da is correctly patched). Have you installed any other mod that may affect spells too?

-After installing SR, the chanche of scribing scroll for all arcane casters is set to 150% regardless of the difficulty settings (is this intended? I am not so sure about this one)
This is completely my fault, I overwrite intmod.2da in order to allow Maze/Imprisonment changes. I forgot to replace the current overwriting with a more friendly patching as I did for clearair.2da. Thanks for pointing it out, I will correct it asap.

If you wish to revert the scribing changes to default I can attach a file here.

-the bhaal innate ability "Cure light wounds" is not the same of his SR's counterpart: it heals always 8 HP, has longer casting time and if I am not mistaken the casting sound is the one of arcane, not divine, necromancy.

-Gust of wind doesn't work. When an area of effect spell is cast, and then removed via Gust of wind, the cloud's animation disappears, but the damage from the cloud continues (as in cloudkill, for example)

Are you using SR v2? I've just re-tested it on a clean install and everything seems ok (innate cure light wounds heals 1d8 +1/level and clearair.2da is correctly patched). Have you installed any other mod that may affect spells too?

My bad. :) Apparently I am using version 1.5, since I re-installed everything last night when the g3 server was down, and I had to retrieve it from a mirror supposing it was the latest version. I'll update to V2 ASAP.

If you could attach the file I would be grateful.

By the way, I really like this mod and I am looking forward to see Item Revision, so keep up the good work, in bocca al lupo! :laugh:

Guest Populism

Hello Just wanted to say I really like what you've done with the spells, they are much better by far when compared to vanilla BG2.

Just wanted to list a couple of problems I've found so far.

1. Sunfire causes the pc to react as though he has gotten hit, no dmg (BG2 issue).

2. Improved invisiblity is overpowered, AI mages are neutered (BG2 issue).

3. Polymorph Self lasts forever (mod issue).

4. Shapeshift (greater wolfwere) Attack animations don't usually play out (BG2 issue).

Hope this helps.

Its duration is right but when it runs out there're still some shapes availabe under the special abilities menu: last time I used it I had 4 ( four :) ) uses each of sword spider, winter wolf and ogre.

Its duration is right but when it runs out there're still some shapes availabe under the special abilities menu: last time I used it I had 4 ( four :( ) uses each of sword spider, winter wolf and ogre.
I'll look into it immediately, I thought I had solved the issue of "multiple innates"! :)

1. Sunfire causes the pc to react as though he has gotten hit, no dmg (BG2 issue).
Yeah, I have one possible solution to it in mind...but I'm not sure it will work.

2. Improved invisiblity is overpowered, AI mages are neutered (BG2 issue).
Well, actually SR's II is already toned down as I've removed the +4 bonus to saves, and some antimagic attacks have a small area of effect to "bypass" the hardcoded "cannot attack II invisible creatures" effect. Anyway AI mages are quite dumb if you don't use AI enhancing mods.

4. Shapeshift (greater wolfwere) Attack animations don't usually play out (BG2 issue).
I don't remember having this problem, but SR's Wolfwere should have a slightly better animation because of how it is implemented. Unfortunately I've just noticed that because of a little oversight Shapechange still links to the old creatures instead of SR's ones (though they are installed correctly).

I've already fixed Shapechange, and I'll post a hotfix for both issues as soon as I've fixed Polymorph Self too.

I've tested Polymorph Self and I don't have the aforementioned issues:

- after 5 turns (5 real time minutes) a "shapeshift to natural form" spell is casted and it removes the other shapeshifting abilities

- though I do remember having the issue of multiple shapeshifting innates (perhaps it was still present in v1.5) everything works fine with SR v2, at least in my install. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

Can someone check if these issues exist in their installs? I can't fix a problem I'm not able to reproduce. :)

Can someone check if these issues exist in their installs? I can't fix a problem I'm not able to reproduce. :)

bg2psdc1.th.jpg

using SR V2, soloed a sorc through chapter 1 and shapechanged a lot; I rested 1 time after opening the cages in order to get lvl 8 and that's a screen taken from a quicksave after completing the circus quest; I used polimorph self 4 times ( never using the mustard jelly or the flind shapes ) and there're 4 remaining uses of ogre, sword spider and winter wolf

Thanks Raj, I've been able to reproduce it. The problem was quite difficult for me to track down...but now that I've fixed it I can't understand why the Jelly and Flind innates were already working fine! :)

Anyway, the effect which removes the innates after 5 turns wasn't able to remove them because of their custom names, it appears it's only able to remove spells using the spwi/sppr/spin/spcl convention. Thus I've renamed all shapeshifting abilities and now everything works fine. I have to do the same for Shapechange and then I'll post both fixed spells.

The bad news is that these hotfixes require to re-install SR to take effect, if that is too much trouble let me know (though you should have installed it quite late in the order), I may make a mini-mod to temporarily fix it with a separate exe if I have some more spare time.

if that is too much trouble let me know

that's no problem, anyway as you're working on it I remember ogre ( and flind maybe but I don't have a save to check the latter ) only have 1 att/round, while in the topic on page 2 of this forum you list them with 2 att/round, so I suppose this is a bug; while the flind shape is still somehow useful wielding a +3 flaming weapon, the ogre one is very weak compared to winter wolf ( I used it just for the 18/00 str in order to bash some chests in chapter1 :) )

Done. I've update the first page with the new attachment, and as you suggested I've given 2 attacks per round to both ogre and flind shapeshifted forms.

This is not the right thread (there's one dedicated to it at page 2) but if you have any suggestion regarding the new shapeshifting abilities let me know, I haven't had the time to test them too much and I'd like to know if any of them need to be improved/nerfed, or is completely redundant (e.g. earth and fire elementals imo).

Guest Populism

You work fast...thank you. As far as the poly shapes go...I remember fighting with the lesser clay golems (as a Flind) in the start dungeon and worrying that I wouldn't be able to handle them with only one attack per round...then I noticed I was actually making contact more often and hitting about 2 to 3 times harder ( doing 28 dmg..or so pretty regularly) not sure if this is overpowered...but I'd say leave the Flind at 1 attack and boost the Ogre up to 2.

P.s I tried using that stratagems mod you recommended...and the ai is much better...but do to my older system I couldn't keep it on (mage fights paused for a sec ever 2 sec). Are there any other AI mods that you recommend that are less taxing on older systems?

I remember fighting with the lesser clay golems (as a Flind) in the start dungeon and worrying that I wouldn't be able to handle them with only one attack per round...then I noticed I was actually making contact more often and hitting about 2 to 3 times harder ( doing 28 dmg..or so pretty regularly) not sure if this is overpowered..
Strange...I've just checked and Flind form deals 1d10+4, +1d6 fire damage which means the most damaging hit from should be 20 (average damage should be 13)! The new form also doesn't take into account caster's proficiency with halberds, though I'm quite sure kensai and swashbuckler bonuses to damage are applied. I'll look into it, if it deals 28 damage it's clearly overpowered with 2 apr.

P.s I tried using that stratagems mod you recommended...and the ai is much better...but do to my older system I couldn't keep it on (mage fights paused for a sec ever 2 sec). Are there any other AI mods that you recommend that are less taxing on older systems?
Tactics was a little less demanding...but I didn't liked too much how the increased challange was implemented (quite cheesy imo). If you want some improvements without affecting the system performance I may suggest to use Quest Pack's slightly improved AI, nothing major like SCS but at least monsters have a better targeting system. Anyway I suppose using SCS without the improved spellcasters components would do the same (and perhaps better being QP quite old), as most of the lag is due to mages scripts being extremely long.
Guest Populism

Me again...just wanted to say that I was playing the dungeon part again using polymorph..and yes I was hitting for 28 30 40 and even 50 a couple of times as the flind..took about 4 or 5 hits to drop a lesser clay golem...rarely did I do less the 15.

Guest Guest_leania_*

level 2 druid spell 'fire trap' being doesn't work, too. It goes through the casting animation but nothing happens afterwards.

I copy a files named sppr216 into override folder, but it changed nothing.

Archived