Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes

Demivrgvs

Web & Nishruu

about web, it affects nishruus.
:D I've just checked, Web doesn't bypass magic resistance, and Nishruu has 100% magic resistance! Is it another of your issues that have no reason to exist but somehow happen? :p I'll try to find out what the hell may be causing that, though I can't see errors in both SR's spells.

(Un)Holy Word

A more serious issue: holy word doesn't dispel a priest's own invisibility or sanctuary effects.
Will fix. There may be more spells needing this fix.
This spell already has the lowest possible casting time and a good range, what about add a save to spell ( even if at -6 ) to avoid the death effect, or the immunity to that for lvl 20+ opponents? ( *blushes* and I'd love a quickfix in order to keep playing with Anomen without nerfing myself :p )
Actually the effects are capped at level 20, as most D&D spells, which means monsters with more than 10HD will be immune to the death effect even if the cleric is of 40th level (by the way, the levels reachable in ToB are ridiculous imo). If that is enough for you, you'll not need the hotfix. :p

Beholders have only 9HD?! Damn, I though those uber-powerful creatures deserved at least 11HD as they have in 3rd edition!! If that's the case I think I have to allow a save.

Refinements

One of Refinements HLA for clerics, divine intervention, has a small chance to summon one deva and one planetar: those aren't the vanilla ones, neither the custom SR ones, but something totally different, wonder if you can make them compatible with SR?
Well, I would even like to make all Refinements spells a little more SResque. It wouldn't mean a lot of changes as I agree with 90% of what they have done, but it would improve the overall "conceptual compatibility" between the two mods. Anyway, I don't know if I have the time for that, and I haven't asked the permission to do that either.

Today it was beholder hunt day, blame them for all my posts on the various boards :p

The only time I used a nishruu was trying to out-cheesing the scs2 beholders and the web that held my summon was casted from sequencer by a elder orb. Hope it helps.

Anomen in sanctuary killing a dozen beholders ( even a elder orb simulacrum ^^ )in 1 casting time was a nice sight, shame the sanctuary didn't wear off so I felt like cheating and had to reload.

I'll just avoid to use invisibility effects, nice to know the spell is capped, I like it and was worried about the future usage.

Keeping the death effect no-save doesn't look bad then, beholders are the only <10 enemies worth a level 7 casting.

I deleted the post about the issue with refinements summons because the divine intervention is VERY random, after 30-40 more castings while testing Aerie as a priest of Lathander in a old tob savegame I only had the celestial summoning option once, and it was only a deva that behave correctly like SR ones, so I guess no need to waste energies on that.

I'd welcome any revision of the refinements hla, expecially because many lvl10/quest spells grants a save vs spell without penalities making them very weak, so you have a fan if you intend to start working on it :p

Guest Scribbles

So if a mage is protected by protection from magic weapons or mantle, would a nishruu still be able to drain his magic?

I remember summoning a nishruu to deal with a Lich and it was useless.

nishruu hits are considered no-magical so anything immune to normal weapons ( like liches afaik ) can't be harmed; they are nice at soaking some spells btw.

So basically a useless spell.

yes :)

well it can be decent in a malee weak party against no-lich mages who cast pfmw; throw the summon at them and bombard the area with aoe spells to bypass both the spell turning and the pfmw.

Nishruu

I've purposely make its attacks non-enchanted to allow it to bypass PfMW, and I think it's a cool way to differentiate it form the Hakeashar.

As I've anticipated, both creatures will be much more powerful in V3 as they are going to gain a dispelling aura.

That being said, please post comments and feedback in the appropriate topics, I'd prefer to keep this one strictly for bugs and issues. Thanks for keeping the project alive! :)

Guest Scribbles

According to your readme, Clerics should have gate as a level 7 spell. My clerics have Cacofiend instead. I do have the SCS fiends hotfix installed if that has anything to do with it.

According to your readme, Clerics should have gate as a level 7 spell. My clerics have Cacofiend instead. I do have the SCS fiends hotfix installed if that has anything to do with it.

Spell Revisions V2 replaces cleric's gate spell with cacofiend for balance reasons.SR's Pit Fiends are immensely strong,perhaps to strong to be a level 7 spell.

Sorry, the readme hasn't been correctly updated, thanks for reporting it.

Anyway, as Viperdan suggests SR's Pit Fiends are extremely powerful, as powerful as Planetars, if not slightly more. Clerics already summoned Devas instead of Planetars for balancing issues, and for the same reason they summon Death Knights instead of Pit Fiends with SR.

That being said, I think SR's Death Knight may still be more powerful than vanilla's Pit Fiend. :)

Guest temujin_

one thing that was always bothering me was the Scroll of Restoration that you automatically get when you start a new game.

if you install the component "Unlimited Scroll Stacking" from BG2 Tweaks, this restoration scroll, after a single use, turns into 65535 scrolls (!!!) instead of simply disappearing from inventory. i understand this is used to fix/remove any incorrect spells that appear in your spellbook, but can't this be done without the use of this scroll (by editing the 2DA files directly or something like that)?

crash to desktop when you try to cast chromatic orb on the giant mimic in the cave in the Umar Hills. Before it crashes it is having problems deciding what coloured orb to make, and ends up making all of them. :thumbsup:

Melf's acid arrow doesn't appear to work, either.

Skull Trap does, but thje mimic doesn't change from cyan to red.

Color Spray cannot target the mimic.

Archived