Just a few thoughts

Guest Ryuken

Guest Ryuken

I've just completed the SoA portion of the mod and I have to say I think it's the best NPC mod I've played.

The banters were good, not too long or frequent. The same for the interjections, there were lots and they were short, light/easy going kind of thing. The quests wern't too long or short, again just right.

I think the reason why Angelo is a great mod is because he is rather seemless. Other npcs (in particular Saerileth *cringes*) put themselves at the centre of everything whereas Angelo has a decent amount of content which you can take at your own pace.

The only thing I'll say is to change Sawara's spells a little. At the beginning of the fight I casted a Mass Invisibility which was immediately followed by Sawara's Timestop. The only thing was he either didn't have a True Sight (or similar spell) or didn't have the script to use it so he spent the Timestop twiddling his thumbs. Once I attacked after the Timestop he used a Dispel magic on me but by then he was as good as dead. My party of 4 had an average exp of 4 million each so I wasn't expecting a lot of trouble but the fact he couldn't get rid of my invisibilty (which nearly all mages in the vanilla game can do) made it too easy. Otherwise he could have dealt me some damage as I only had Stoneskins as prebuffs.

The other fights were maybe a little on the easy side but they fitted in quite well.

I like the items, they don't appear over or underpowered and I'll probably use the katana ahead of the Celestial Fury if only for a change / role play purposes.

Thank you! ;) I'm very glad to hear it. If you've just finished SoA, though, the part that's probably my personal favorite* is yet to come...

It also sounds as if you haven't taken the romance path, which many do; so it's especially good to know that the mod hangs together to some extent without it.

Sawara's combat script is almost certainly going to be revamped in a future version--so thanks, I'll take keep this in mind...

I do think that, as perhaps any fully-realized mod NPC is bound to, Angelo takes more than his fair share of the limelight; but yeah, thanks, I did sort of try :) I might have said this elsewhere but I've always had a peculiar love of henchmen, generally of the evil variety--and Angelo is in a way the quintessential henchman; always second-in-command, never first.

*spoiler

The dialogues with Sarevok

Guest Ryuken

I'm going well in ToB now, the dialogues are good and the plot with Sarevok is progressing nicely. Ginpachi was a bit easier than I expected, but I think it helped that all of my party could either Stoneskin or Ironskin or were immune to backstabs.

Just one other thing though. The Fox's Eye has a typo in the item name and seems to be usable by everyone, not just mages as the description suggests.

I'm going well in ToB now, the dialogues are good and the plot with Sarevok is progressing nicely. Ginpachi was a bit easier than I expected, but I think it helped that all of my party could either Stoneskin or Ironskin or were immune to backstabs.

Just one other thing though. The Fox's Eye has a typo in the item name and seems to be usable by everyone, not just mages as the description suggests.

Cool, cool...Now, I admit to being a bit confused about the proper grammatical way to write "belonging to a fox." We'll see what makes it into the next version...

The ring should be useable by all classes, though, although only mages (and bards and sorcerers) will get the casting benefit. If it says it's mage-restricted, that should be fixed...

Archived