Tutu Compatibility

Guest Galrick

Icen is right.

Current version of easyTutu (updated 08 May 2008) uses BG2 spell system, thus it should be fully compatibile.

There has been no real testing on it, and it would be great if someone could confirm it works as expected.

All components install on EasyTutu. I didn't test any spells in game and probably won't have time for that. It's unlikely anything would be different from BG2, except perhaps balance or level issues being too high for BG1 content, but that's true for Tutu anyway (as it uses BG2 spells).

As of course, it overwrites spells, it has the same issues discussed in the compatibility thread. Also as discussed there, you don't want to install it with Arcane/Divine Pack, because a) they'll just overwrite each other and b) Demivrgvs says SR includes and improves on ADPack.

All components install on EasyTutu. I didn't test any spells in game and probably won't have time for that. It's unlikely anything would be different from BG2, except perhaps balance or level issues being too high for BG1 content, but that's true for Tutu anyway (as it uses BG2 spells).
I'm glad to have it confirmed! :)

Thanks to players' feedback I've worked on low-level balance too and tweaked many spells to have a better scalability to reduce their effectiveness during BG1. I will continue to work in that direction in the future, thus I'd like BG1 players to help me out on this matter.

As of course, it overwrites spells, it has the same issues discussed in the compatibility thread. Also as discussed there, you don't want to install it with Arcane/Divine Pack, because a) they'll just overwrite each other and b) Demivrgvs says SR includes and improves on ADPack.
Everything said here is correct. ;)

Archived