Cam's in-depth review of the Dark Knight

CamDawg

To me, most of the time Batman looks like a supporting actor in his own freaking movie.

I remember the first "Dark Knight" revival, with Mr. Keaton. The joke was the movie should have been called The Joker starring The Batman. Of course, Keaton vs. Nicholson...there's no contest.

With good writing and even half-decent actors, it's seems impossible to screw up The Joker character. Future artists will have to meet extraordinary expectations from the audience and fans.

I remember the first "Dark Knight" revival, with Mr. Keaton. The joke was the movie should have been called The Joker starring The Batman. Of course, Keaton vs. Nicholson...there's no contest.

Of course there's no contest. In fact, Burton actually wanted Nicholson to play Batman, as he thought the bat was the most insane of the pair and he was the better prospect for this. But Jack was too old for the part already.

And I'm not too sure about the Joker. So far it's only been two different actors who did a great job, I'm not so sure it's a 'can't miss' thing.

And the aesthetics of the first two movies is still unparalelled.

And I'm not too sure about the Joker. So far it's only been two different actors who did a great job, I'm not so sure it's a 'can't miss' thing.
Actually, three great actors: Cesar Romero did an excellent job in the TV series, and its side film.

Having seen Dark Knight again over the weekend with friends, I do believe a new actor (and director) is going to have a challenge bringing a new angle to The Joker. But we thought of one: Dark Joker.

Yeah, yeah, I know, but consider: a Joker who is trouble and haunted AND psychotic. Dark, like Batman--not just psychotic like Ledger's portrayal. Dare we say, a Joker we can sympathize with??

Actually, three great actors: Cesar Romero did an excellent job in the TV series, and its side film.

I grew up watching that series. I loved it, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the acting was good, for any of the characters. It really wasn't.

BTW, hand me the bat-shark repellent, please. :)

I grew up watching that series. I loved it, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the acting was good, for any of the characters. It really wasn't.

BTW, hand me the bat-shark repellent, please. :)

I would say the acting was good for what the show was: a comedy; or more correctly, a farce (in the classical sense). Not one person on that show even pretended they were going to win an academy award (actually, an Emmy) for their acting. Instead, they had fun playing their roles, giving those exagerrated line (Holy BatSoup!), and those damn hilarious fight scenes!

I ain't no drama teacher but I'll guess that weak actors could not have done the show as well as the veterans from the show. In fact, were many of the villains already accomplished actors before doing the show?

Archived