Tweak Pack + Moddie

Guest Zhaulot

Guest Zhaulot

I have Moddie (the Fox Monster in your backpack) NPC mod installed on my newest BG2 + ToB game. I installed the Tweak pack after every other mod just I've done every time. But the Shapeshifter Rebalancing component is messing with Moddie. Moddie is a Thief who can shapeshift into a Werewolf and Greater Werewolf, just like a Shapeshifter Druid. But the Shapeshifter Rebalancing creates items to equip to the shapeshifter, fixing their problems. The problem is, it seems that those items have requirements of only being equipable to Shapeshifter Druids. This makes sense, the tweak would be silly if Cernd could shapeshift and hand off his Werewolf form to someone else. But it means that Moddie can't use the powers that make her useful.

Does anyone know of any way I can get the best of both worlds? Have Moddie be able to transform into her Werewolf forms and keep them at the same power level of the Shapeshifter Rebalancing tweak?

Thanks in advance for your help :fish:

Hmm, is the problem that when Moddie tries to shapeshift, the items for tweaking shapeshifters try to equip, but simply fail? What you might be able to do then is open the items in an editor like DLTCEP, or IE and modify the items so that they are also usable by thieves.

I'm not sure what the item's names are, offhand, but you should be able to find them in the Shapeshifter Rebalancing mod, and locate them in your BG2/Override directory.

If you need some more technical advice, just ask and I'm sure someone with a bit more technical experience and/or the game available to check with (darn work) can give you the specifics.

Archived