My Amber issues

mcfly

Just figured I would mention the things I have run into using her. I was only using Kelsey and the G3 fixes at the time. Nothing major and maybe not even Amber related. Maybe they have been reported already *shrug* here you go anyway.

BTW, I love her. If I did not I would not even bother mentioning the things I have noticed.

First, one of the times I was getting the form to get Amber my inventory was full. Normally this would drop the first item in my inventory and place the new item in its place. However, I simply dropped the first item and the first slot was now empty in my inventory with no form. When I ask the clerk again he says I better find the one he already gave me. I reloaded and cleared a spot this time and all was fine. I did not actually try this again though to verify it was not a fluke.

Second, Amber picks some really bad times to talk...like during the encounter where you get Renfeld's body while I was trying to defend our lives...she wants to talk. I mean, my wife picks some bad times too, but I doubt she would do it if I was in a life or death struggle.

Third, not long after picking up Valygar there was a dialog between Amber and him and she says something wrong. I took a screen shot to remember but then forgot to save the screenshot. She says soemthing like "I though...." when it appears it should be "I thought...".

Last was the most frustrating thing as it took me a little bit to figure out what was happening. When I traveled to the street where Amber was kidnapped I started pulling the guards and killing them before talking to Lorraine. I cleared all but two who then retreated into the building. Then I went in and died pretty quick mostly because I had not rested in a while and had almost no spells available. I reloaded and rested this time. When I was done I see some soldiers retreating into the building. I go in the building and my game locks up. I had to restart the whole game. I did this a few times with my game locking up each time before realizing that the guys going in the building were the guards I had killed before entering the first time. I cannot remember what I did, I either left the area and rested and came back or else fought my way in and then rested in the building. Either way, there were no issues after that other than the Demon proving a bit too much for my group at that time. I managed him with a bit of cloudkill luck and some free action (you can get in the room with the dusting imp and shut the door, wheee).

One last thing that is not actually an issue so much as an annoyance to me....the spawning of the kids to get her I have not quite figured out. Once I got them really fast. Like the second time I went to the slums after doing almost nothing else except maybe getting Viconia. Another time I was trying to get my party set up and was waiting around for the kids to spawn. So I did Tanner murders, saved Aerie, did the CC slavers, stole the necklace from the priestess for the thieves guild, finally Jahiera was cursed and I had to go to the Government district to pay off the mages. I finally saved Viconia while I was there and upon returning to the slums the kids had spawned. This makes me think it is linked to the Government district or freeing Viconia (I mean you *can* get in the prison without saving her or letting her die if you go through the back door) but I am not sure why it needs to be.

BTW, I love her ability to romance the second player. I rolled a female protagonist to romance Kelsey and a male second player for Amber. That group has proven very enjoyable. Although, with both Kelsey and Amber being smitten there are always dialogs popping up now. It is almost becoming a nuisance actually :fish:.

Just figured I would mention the things I have run into using her. I was only using Kelsey and the G3 fixes at the time. Nothing major and maybe not even Amber related. Maybe they have been reported already *shrug* here you go anyway.

BTW, I love her. If I did not I would not even bother mentioning the things I have noticed.

Thank you! :O

First, one of the times I was getting the form to get Amber my inventory was full. Normally this would drop the first item in my inventory and place the new item in its place. However, I simply dropped the first item and the first slot was now empty in my inventory with no form. When I ask the clerk again he says I better find the one he already gave me. I reloaded and cleared a spot this time and all was fine. I did not actually try this again though to verify it was not a fluke.

It might be just a fluke. I see no reason why it shouldn't work just like in the original game. (With item's getting dropped and new ones added to their place.) I'll check that out once I get back home.

Second, Amber picks some really bad times to talk...like during the encounter where you get Renfeld's body while I was trying to defend our lives...she wants to talk. I mean, my wife picks some bad times too, but I doubt she would do it if I was in a life or death struggle.

All her dialogues should have CombatCounter(0) condition on them. That means that the dialogue shouldn't trigger in or immidietly after a combat. However CombatCounter() is not always reliable and it's known to give false results. I guess it could be combined with See() and/or Detect() triggers where I would check that she does not see or detect enemies, but invisible enemies might still slip by.

Third, not long after picking up Valygar there was a dialog between Amber and him and she says something wrong. I took a screen shot to remember but then forgot to save the screenshot. She says soemthing like "I though...." when it appears it should be "I thought...".

Cheers, typo corrections are always more than welcome.

Last was the most frustrating thing as it took me a little bit to figure out what was happening. When I traveled to the street where Amber was kidnapped I started pulling the guards and killing them before talking to Lorraine. I cleared all but two who then retreated into the building. Then I went in and died pretty quick mostly because I had not rested in a while and had almost no spells available. I reloaded and rested this time. When I was done I see some soldiers retreating into the building. I go in the building and my game locks up. I had to restart the whole game. I did this a few times with my game locking up each time before realizing that the guys going in the building were the guards I had killed before entering the first time. I cannot remember what I did, I either left the area and rested and came back or else fought my way in and then rested in the building. Either way, there were no issues after that other than the Demon proving a bit too much for my group at that time. I managed him with a bit of cloudkill luck and some free action (you can get in the room with the dusting imp and shut the door, wheee).

Thanks for the information on the game locking up. It's true that the issue has bothered Amber occasionally, but I haven't been able to re-produce it or figure out what exactly is going on. Looks like the issue might be connected to the fleeing guards and how they move from one area to another. I'm glad to hear that you managed to get past the issue, though.

I usually try to cast several lower resistance spells on the demon and lure him to follow one of the party members around the table in the room. The mages are then free to blast him with spells. Luckily the demon's combat script isn't terribly clever, but then again he's not used in fighting several enemies at once.

One last thing that is not actually an issue so much as an annoyance to me....the spawning of the kids to get her I have not quite figured out. Once I got them really fast. Like the second time I went to the slums after doing almost nothing else except maybe getting Viconia. Another time I was trying to get my party set up and was waiting around for the kids to spawn. So I did Tanner murders, saved Aerie, did the CC slavers, stole the necklace from the priestess for the thieves guild, finally Jahiera was cursed and I had to go to the Government district to pay off the mages. I finally saved Viconia while I was there and upon returning to the slums the kids had spawned. This makes me think it is linked to the Government district or freeing Viconia (I mean you *can* get in the prison without saving her or letting her die if you go through the back door) but I am not sure why it needs to be.

Yes, the kids won't spawn until you have dealt with Viconia.

The front door of the prison stays locked until you have done something to Viconia. I didn't want to mess with that and locked door might confuse players who rushed past Vic's encounter to get Amber. Furthermore I felt that connecting the two events paced the game. Not too much (Mazzy), but just a little bit. You're still able to get her almost immediately after you get to the city from Irenicus' dungeon.

BTW, I love her ability to romance the second player. I rolled a female protagonist to romance Kelsey and a male second player for Amber. That group has proven very enjoyable. Although, with both Kelsey and Amber being smitten there are always dialogs popping up now. It is almost becoming a nuisance actually :fish:.

Thanks, the idea of player2 romance was one of the main reasons to create this mod. I'm still occasionally toying with the original idea of a mod that would convert Aerie's romance to player2.

Thanks, the idea of player2 romance was one of the main reasons to create this mod. I'm still occasionally toying with the original idea of a mod that would convert Aerie's romance to player2.

You'd be loved by many more than you already are. :fish:

I have only used Amber 3 times now and it was only frustrating me on the most recent time when I chose not to use Viconia in my party and thus had put off going to the government district for a long time.

I have only done this kidnapping thing once...does that only happen in the city or something? I ran into the thugs going after Kelsey while traveling abroad and after dying a few times I decided to travel to the city gates so the guards would help me...when I arrived instead of Kelsey's thugs...Amber was kidnapped. I have another group that is further through the game and has had Amber longer but they have not been back to town for quite a while. However, she is not being romanced in that group. Maybe that is the reason for no kidnapping? She does say she fears something bad is about to happen....but it has not happened yet. I did not know if that was like most of the Jaheira quests that happen anyway or like the Jaheira bandit quest that only happens if she is being being romanced.

There are two times when Amber's dialog was annoying. One was during the Renfeld encounter because when you start there is a dialog that happens, then a battle, then a dialog again. If I recall correctly, she interjected after the first dialog. The second time was in the slaver ship. I had been in the tunnels for a long time (I had walked away from the game for a long time...like to watch a movie). When I came out of the tunnels there is a dialog with the slaver guy and then a battle ensues. Once again Amber interjected. this time though there were maybe 3 people that interjected. I think Jaheira and Aerie did as well. I assumed this is because they all considered themselves back in town now. Both times though it was right after a dialog the led into a battle but the battle had not actually yet started. Closing that little window of opportunity for her to talk would probably be a good thing if it is possible.

Anyway, the only thing that threatened my enjoyment of the mod was the game crash during the kidnapping quest. Once I figured out what was happening all was good. I was thinking that if you could make it so you are unable to rest in that zone it might prevent the issue I was having from happening. Make people leave or go into the building and to rest (if id does not happen if you leave...I cannot remember). I have a save game right at that point I think so I may be able to do it again if you need more information. Or I could just give you that save (assuming I actually still have it).

And ewww...Aerie? She whines too much for my taste. My preferred NPC romance is Jaheira . Viconia is ok too, one of these days I will actually do the ToB Viconia part where you can change her alignment. I really like the feature of romances that actually affect the NPC. Like changing Anomen's stats is kind of neat too. The Kelsey mod actually creates an item (at least one but I have not been all the way through that romance yet) that is not game changing but made by him and only usable by the PC. That is pretty neat too although I wold prefer it be something not consumable (even if it had no stats associated with it) . I only mention this because it would be neat if the Amber romance could have a lasting effect on her or the PC..since you ARE still working on the ToB portion and all. :fish:

Thanks again for a great mod.

I have only done this kidnapping thing once...does that only happen in the city or something?

The kidnapping takes place only in a city (Athkatla or Trademeet), but it will happen regardless if you romance her or not.

Anyway, the only thing that threatened my enjoyment of the mod was the game crash during the kidnapping quest. Once I figured out what was happening all was good. I was thinking that if you could make it so you are unable to rest in that zone it might prevent the issue I was having from happening. Make people leave or go into the building and to rest (if id does not happen if you leave...I cannot remember). I have a save game right at that point I think so I may be able to do it again if you need more information. Or I could just give you that save (assuming I actually still have it).

It was not my intent to prevent people from resting. And even if it was, there are certainly more convenient ways to do that than locking the game. :O If you can send the savegame to amber@welho.com I could take a look (not before August though, I don't have the game with me right now).

And ewww...Aerie? She whines too much for my taste.

Aerie because of all Bioware romances she's the least interested in the Bhaalspawn (which Player2 is not). Aerie mainly talks about herself. So, her romance would involve least re-writing.

I only mention this because it would be neat if the Amber romance could have a lasting effect on her or the PC..since you ARE still working on the ToB portion and all. :fish:

At some point the ToB plans included a possibility of turning Amber into from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Neutral. At this point that plot has been discarded, because I felt it wasn't convincing enough (and it was full of cheese really). But certainly, the story is going to have a lasting effect on her. True friends and loves are rare after all.

If the romance/friendship has a lasting effect on the PC... Well that's more than little up to the player him/herself. ;)

Kudos to Darios and Meira for this wonderful mod! I'm just having one problem and I'm a little embarrassed to post about it since it seems no one else has run into this issue and it is therefore most likely a result of me being an idiot somehow...

I just picked up Amber from the jail so that while my female Bard Charname romanced Tsujatha, she could give my second PC some love. Problem is, the dialogue option to introduce them never appeared. 'No problem' I thought. I figured I was doing something wrong. Like that person who posted before me, I had Player2's intelligence too low. I set it to 12 and tried again. Still nothing. I set it to 13, thinking that maybe the FAQ said INT and CHA over12. No dice.

Is there any reason Amber is refusing to acknowledge my poor, love-struck druid? Or am I just being impatient?

Kudos to Darios and Meira for this wonderful mod! I'm just having one problem and I'm a little embarrassed to post about it since it seems no one else has run into this issue and it is therefore most likely a result of me being an idiot somehow...

I just picked up Amber from the jail so that while my female Bard Charname romanced Tsujatha, she could give my second PC some love. Problem is, the dialogue option to introduce them never appeared. 'No problem' I thought. I figured I was doing something wrong. Like that person who posted before me, I had Player2's intelligence too low. I set it to 12 and tried again. Still nothing. I set it to 13, thinking that maybe the FAQ said INT and CHA over12. No dice.

Is there any reason Amber is refusing to acknowledge my poor, love-struck druid? Or am I just being impatient?

The PC's charisma and intelligence should be 12 or over before you load a game with Amber installed for the first time. I'm afraid that changing them afterwards won't help. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The PC's charisma and intelligence should be 12 or over before you load a game with Amber installed for the first time. I'm afraid that changing them afterwards won't help. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Not at all! I'm just happy I finally know why it wasn't working... :laugh: Thanks for the quick response!

This has probably been discussed somewhere, but since my 'Detect Thread' skill is at 0%, I hope it does no harm in me posting my latest discovery here.

Currently playing with a male Blade, Amber, and among others, Aerie and Haer'Daelis.

Anyway, Amber had been very silent for a while, but Aerie and Haer started to talk about bardic things and life in general. I was certain the 'star-filled scene' was next, so I tried to rest. Did nothing, and my little clua time advancing made my two elves continue their talking. Only after that they've had all their talks and professing their love, did the scene where Amber asks you to watch the stars with her take place.

I re-loaded, fired both Aerie and Haer, and after a few rests in the wild, it happend right away. Now, after this incredible huge ( yeah, I'm exaggerating :laugh: ) discovery, I wish I had saved the game before I did all this, so I could try if the constant resting in the wild would work with both the elves in the party. Ah well, that's life. Amber is still great. :)

I think that in you first game with Aerie and HD, Amber's talk that was supposed to trigger at rest, got stuck. That sometimes happens. When you loaded it triggered normally. So, it's most likely not connected to having Aerie and HD in the party with Amber. The good news is that in the most recent version of Amber, you don't need to re-load if a talk that was supposed to trigger at rest gets stuck. Simply click-talk to Amber and ask how she's doing and the issue should be fixed. :laugh:

Guest Digitael

An Aerie player 2 romance mod sounds AWESOME! Are you still thinking about doing it? My favorite character is Aerie and my sister loves Anomen, it would be cool to romance Aerie while in multiplayer.

Guest D. U. Bertie

Meira, I have a few things to mention, some of which may already have been mentioned before, perhaps even in this thread (I'm in a rush so haven't read it, sorry).

My install order is probably completely wrong since I've been doing some mod testing/messing about, so that may explain the issues I've encountered. Still, I thought it better to mention them than to not. Here's my WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: 6.1

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v3

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items: v3

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit: v3

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit: v3

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Sharpshooter thief kit: v3

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 45 Minutes

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v1

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.00

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.00

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.00

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.00

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.00

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2294 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #22 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", points in Detect Illusions rather than Set Traps.

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting to animal (by Borsook)

I started a new game, used Dungeon Be Gone, freed Viconia and then went to the Slums. The two childran appeared and did their bit, but after talking to them the little girl stayed put, and when I clicked on her I got some red text in the bottom area that looked like an unreleated line from some point in the game (something about cellars). Clicking the girl again got a new line of text (something about Valygar). Dunno what was going on there.

Anyway, I carried on and did the Amber bracelet quest, but didn't have 1500 to pay for the bracelet. I promised Amber we'd return once we had the money and received the appropriate journal entry. I spoke to the black market thief again and sold her something to get the required amount. I then spoke to her a third time and bought the bracelet. Amber automatically equipped it, but didn't say anything and the journal entry mentioned above remains. In other words, I've done the quest but still have the journal entry "I promised to return...after I have gathered the required sum".

Oh, when I'd earlier spoken to Nick about the bracelet, he says "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant. As you well ought to know, illegal magic is frowned upon in this city". I don't understand his "illegal magic" comment. What illegal magic? What's he on about? As far as I can recall, Amber hasn't (and cannot) cast spells.

When you talk to Aran Linvail, Amber warns you about crossing the thieves and says that "...you can consider yourself a dead man". Since this was a test game, I was using Daria, the Bioware mage at the time. Amber then goes on to use the phrase "dead man" for a second time, despite my boobs. Perhaps "dead man" should simply be changed to "dead".

Finally (and I appreciate that I'm reporting these in completely random order) the whole "...I could protect you from the city guard from now on" bit really doesn't need two almost identical dialogue choices. It seems a little silly to me (no offence), especially when Amber's response is the same regardless of which one you choose. Would you consider removing one of the two options in future (or perhaps remove them both and create a brand new response that's a combination of the two) so you'd have just one "protect you from the city guard" option and the "Just get out of my sight" option. I don't want to sound overly harsh, but being able to choose from two almost identical responses jumped out at me as being extremely odd.

Cheers.

Sorry for the late response! :thumbsup:

I started a new game, used Dungeon Be Gone, freed Viconia and then went to the Slums. The two childran appeared and did their bit, but after talking to them the little girl stayed put, and when I clicked on her I got some red text in the bottom area that looked like an unreleated line from some point in the game (something about cellars). Clicking the girl again got a new line of text (something about Valygar). Dunno what was going on there.

Can't really say what's going on there. The girl is supposed to walk right away but for some reason that didn't happen. It might just be a hiccup on the system. Although, sprouting wrong dialog is always a bit alarming. But if everyone else speaks with correct lines, it should all be good.

Anyway, I carried on and did the Amber bracelet quest, but didn't have 1500 to pay for the bracelet. I promised Amber we'd return once we had the money and received the appropriate journal entry. I spoke to the black market thief again and sold her something to get the required amount. I then spoke to her a third time and bought the bracelet. Amber automatically equipped it, but didn't say anything and the journal entry mentioned above remains. In other words, I've done the quest but still have the journal entry "I promised to return...after I have gathered the required sum".

Has she talked to you afterwards (about anything)? If she has everything is fine and it's just a either a gap in our scenario (it should be bullet-proof, though, it's been checked so many times) or a small(ish) incompatibility issue with another mod. I noticed that you had quite few thief mods.

Oh, when I'd earlier spoken to Nick about the bracelet, he says "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant. As you well ought to know, illegal magic is frowned upon in this city". I don't understand his "illegal magic" comment. What illegal magic? What's he on about? As far as I can recall, Amber hasn't (and cannot) cast spells.

Unauthorized arcane magic is illegal in Amn. Nick knows that Amber can (magically) blind people and he might even have some kind of fuzzy idea what a tiefling is.

You and I as players know the difference between innate, arcane and divine spells, but it needs to be considered what the characters know. It's usually far less than what we know and often coloured with false beliefs and superstition. Nick could easily pass Amber as a arcane magic user to his peers.

When you talk to Aran Linvail, Amber warns you about crossing the thieves and says that "...you can consider yourself a dead man". Since this was a test game, I was using Daria, the Bioware mage at the time. Amber then goes on to use the phrase "dead man" for a second time, despite my boobs. Perhaps "dead man" should simply be changed to "dead".

I could switch that to "dead [PRO_MANWOMAN]" (which picks the gender of the protagonist). However, when writing that line, what I probably have had in mind with "dead man" was not the gender of Charname, but rather something more similar to as in the expression "race of men". Although with that explanation I have cleverly painted myself in the corner (what if the Charname isn't a human, but an elf). So yeah, just "dead" is probably best.

Finally (and I appreciate that I'm reporting these in completely random order) the whole "...I could protect you from the city guard from now on" bit really doesn't need two almost identical dialogue choices. It seems a little silly to me (no offence), especially when Amber's response is the same regardless of which one you choose. Would you consider removing one of the two options in future (or perhaps remove them both and create a brand new response that's a combination of the two) so you'd have just one "protect you from the city guard" option and the "Just get out of my sight" option. I don't want to sound overly harsh, but being able to choose from two almost identical responses jumped out at me as being extremely odd.

Cheers.

I consider the whole "would you care join my party for an epic adventure" a bit awkward concept in the whole genre of party oriented RGPs. :thumbsup: What you see there is just a bit of "how would my character say this", even though the result is exactly the same.

Archived