My Amber issues

mcfly

Guest D. U. Bertie

Hey, thanks for the response!

Amber bracelet quest

She didn't comment on receiving her bracelet, no. I didn't play beyond that because I was just trying out some mods and not really playing properly. I'd thought that maybe you hadn't tested the party not having enough money to buy the braclet when talking to the black market thief for the first time. It's probably just due to my mod install order (same goes for the little girl remaining) which is admittedly somewhat random. When I do play the mod properly, I'll be sure to install it in the correct place. Still, I thought I should mention it to you because I imagine a journal entry that's never removed would be quite annoying.

"Illegal Magic"

Honestly, that thought hadn't occured to me. Problem is, without your explanation I'd be none the wiser, and assume that I'd missed something or it was a mistake in the mod. How do I know that Nick knows Amber can magically blind people? And at that point in the game, Amber hadn't blinded anyone during her time with the party. Maybe you could just make a simple change so that Nick says something like "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant. She used her powers to blind someone/she blinded someone with her powers, and as you well ought to know, illegal magic is frowned upon in this city".

City Guard Protection

When I saw the two almost identical responses and had picked one, I automatically assumed that you'd forced the player to say this because you had a voiced line that said "You protect me?". I thought to myself that if you'd been able to record another Amber response, you wouldn't have two almost identical choices i.e. it seemed to me like you were forcing the player to say something just so they could hear your recorded line.

If you do want to have two "You should join the party"-type responses, I'd personally rather have one that didn't end in "...and I could protect you from the city guard", even if Amber's response to that wasn't voiced. Honestly, and I don't want to sound like I'm just being stupid and picky, but I very much like your mod and thought that two almost identical responses jumped out as being silly. Why does Amber's only reason for joining the party have to be protection from the city guard? Is there no other reason she may want to join? :thumbsup: Maybe charname thinks she may just like to travel with the group or something. More possible and varied responses would be really nice.

Oh, and I'm still working through those Amber voice files for you, but it could be another week (more :thumbsup:).

Guest D. U. Bertie

Damn, I always forget something when I reply to a thread.

Did I read about some issue with Amber automatically equipping items and potentially destroying what she's already equipped with? If so, when is this likely to happen (so I can try to avoid it) and is there any way to alter the mod (perhaps for a future release) so it doesn't happen?

Hey, thanks for the response!

Amber bracelet quest

She didn't comment on receiving her bracelet, no. I didn't play beyond that because I was just trying out some mods and not really playing properly. I'd thought that maybe you hadn't tested the party not having enough money to buy the braclet when talking to the black market thief for the first time. It's probably just due to my mod install order (same goes for the little girl remaining) which is admittedly somewhat random. When I do play the mod properly, I'll be sure to install it in the correct place. Still, I thought I should mention it to you because I imagine a journal entry that's never removed would be quite annoying.

The journal entry is removed when she thanks you or after she returns to the party in case she goes to seek the bracelet herself.

"Illegal Magic"

Honestly, that thought hadn't occurred to me. Problem is, without your explanation I'd be none the wiser, and assume that I'd missed something or it was a mistake in the mod. How do I know that Nick knows Amber can magically blind people?

The guard in the prison mentions the blinding during the "Demon in Athkatla" -quest. Even if you miss it, you can assume that Nick knows more than your character. Perhaps there's more than meets the eye in the redhead girl you requited? :)

And at that point in the game, Amber hadn't blinded anyone during her time with the party. Maybe you could just make a simple change so that Nick says something like "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant. She used her powers to blind someone/she blinded someone with her powers, and as you well ought to know, illegal magic is frowned upon in this city".

I'm going to have to say no. I dislike when things are over explained. I'm afraid that there is quite lot left to between the lines in this mod. If you don't care for innuendo this mod might not bee right for you, but I recommend that you give Amber a chance. :thumbsup: Her story unravels eventually.

City Guard Protection

When I saw the two almost identical responses and had picked one, I automatically assumed that you'd forced the player to say this because you had a voiced line that said "You protect me?". I thought to myself that if you'd been able to record another Amber response, you wouldn't have two almost identical choices i.e. it seemed to me like you were forcing the player to say something just so they could hear your recorded line.

It's true that I try to make most of the recorded lines because they increase the mod's download size and required intense work to acquire in the first place. At this moment I can't get new lines voiced.

If you do want to have two "You should join the party"-type responses, I'd personally rather have one that didn't end in "...and I could protect you from the city guard", even if Amber's response to that wasn't voiced. Honestly, and I don't want to sound like I'm just being stupid and picky, but I very much like your mod and thought that two almost identical responses jumped out as being silly. Why does Amber's only reason for joining the party have to be protection from the city guard? Is there no other reason she may want to join? :thumbsup: Maybe charname thinks she may just like to travel with the group or something. More possible and varied responses would be really nice.

One problem in a character with Amber's personality is that - initially - her motivation to join the Protagonist's party is next to nothing. She isn't really a team player and she doesn't trust strangers. Furthermore, even though the PC suggests it, it's unlikely that Amber joins the party because she thinks she needs the PC to protect her. More likely something about the PC picks her interest; curiosity is a driving force in her.

Damn, I always forget something when I reply to a thread.

Did I read about some issue with Amber automatically equipping items and potentially destroying what she's already equipped with? If so, when is this likely to happen (so I can try to avoid it) and is there any way to alter the mod (perhaps for a future release) so it doesn't happen?

IIRC the bracelet can destroy another pair of gauntlet type item. I believe it's impossible to empty an specific item slot before creating a new item to it. Unless you make a list of every individual bracer item that exists in the game to your script and in this care it doens't really seem like worthwhile practise. If you buy the bracelet off the blackmarket thief you're bound to have a quicksave nearby and if she goes to find the bracelet by herself, your character can assume that she sold the bracers you gave her. She's a thief after all! :thumbsup:

Other than the bracelet there is no such issue in the mod. Or at least I'm not aware of that. Or I don't remember being. :thumbsup: Where did you read about this?

Guest D. U. Bertie

Amber bracelet quest

How soon after you buy the bracelet for her does she thank you? I'd assumed it would've been straight away (afterall she's just equipped the thing) but I guess I didn't wait long enough.

"Illegal Magic"

I don't personally think the addition of 7-8 words would make things "over explained", but if you do then I suppose that's that. Does my character at least have a chance to question Nick or Amber about this "illegal magic"? If charname (me) isn't clear on what Nick means by this, wouldn't they (I) bother to ask? I suppose I just don't like the fact that it wasn't clear to me what he meant, and the only person I can ask about it is the author of the mod.

City Guard Protection

If it's unlikely that Amber joins the party because she thinks she needs the PC to protect her, why can't the PC make her a different offer to join, other than just city guard protection?

Amber's Destructive Bracelet

Why instead not simply put it in Amber's/the PC's inventory once you've bought it, rather than in the gauntlet slot? And it must've been just the bracelet I read about when it came to item destruction. I did try to find the topic so I could be more specific, but couldn't.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the replies, but I feel like I'm just repeating myself now and am starting to waste your time, so I'll leave it there.

Amber bracelet quest

How soon after you buy the bracelet for her does she thank you? I'd assumed it would've been straight away (afterall she's just equipped the thing) but I guess I didn't wait long enough.

She should thank you and the journal be updated instantly after the bracelet quest is finished. So there was definitely something odd going on if nothing happened.

City Guard Protection

If it's unlikely that Amber joins the party because she thinks she needs the PC to protect her, why can't the PC make her a different offer to join, other than just city guard protection?

The PC has no way of knowing that it's unlikely. But, yes there could be more reply options, there always could be.

"Illegal Magic"

I don't personally think the addition of 7-8 words would make things "over explained", but if you do then I suppose that's that. Does my character at least have a chance to question Nick or Amber about this "illegal magic"? If charname (me) isn't clear on what Nick means by this, wouldn't they (I) bother to ask? I suppose I just don't like the fact that it wasn't clear to me what he meant, and the only person I can ask about it is the author of the mod.

It's true that you can't ask about that specific incident, but there are several talks later (both PC and Amber initiated) that touch the subjects like the nature tieflings and Amber's innate magic. Amber's story takes time to unravel, everything isn't given at once and even by the end of SoA the PC won't know every detail.

Amber's Destructive Bracelet

Why instead not simply put it in Amber's/the PC's inventory once you've bought it, rather than in the gauntlet slot? And it must've been just the bracelet I read about when it came to item destruction. I did try to find the topic so I could be more specific, but couldn't.

I didn't want the item to be moveable. She's very attached to it, even against her better judgement.

I'm also having game crashing issues with the kidnapping quest -- every time I try to go into the house it auto-saves, starts to load, and then crashes. I have a save just before entering the house and just before following the map for the first time, and starting from either of them causes the crash.

Nope. I did reinstall all mods *since* I started having problems though, because I thought I might have forgotten to install the patch or something, but the problem remains the same as before. What .tis files should I check for in the override folder/might I be able to copy over manually?

Nope. I did reinstall all mods *since* I started having problems though, because I thought I might have forgotten to install the patch or something, but the problem remains the same as before. What .tis files should I check for in the override folder/might I be able to copy over manually?

You should have 6 .tis files with m# prefix (from m#ar01.tis to m#ar06.tis) in your override. If you don't have these in your override when Amber is installed, then most likely something has gone wrong with the unpacking of these files during the install process.

When installing a mod you should be cautious of any error messages displayed on the install screen. If the unpack.exe fails to execute and does not unpack the area graphic, sound or music files (any or all) you will see error messages at the end of install process, before you hit enter to close the window.

I have no idea why the unpack.exe could fail. It has never failed on my numerous installs. Neither it does fail on most of the users. There does not seem to be any patter on the operating systems or virus programs (which, I suppose, could block an unknown exe from executing). Most users with this issue seem to have got around it by installing the mod again until the get it to install correctly.

I'm sorry, I misread your initial post. I thought that your game crashed when you tried to enter the first new area. If the first area loads normally you're not missing the tilesets (.tis files).

Can you post your weidu log?

Does the game crash on the load screen or do you get a glimpse of the area before it crashes?

Are you sure you are using the latest version of the mod (version 2.5)?

Yup, it's 2.5. And the game crashes in the middle of loading - I don't see a glimpse of the area first.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Angelo NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v3

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo's alternative portraits -> Angelo's portrait, edited by SisterVigilante

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V6.2 for BG2:ToB

~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB: Beta 2.0

~XULAYE/XULAYE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xulaye NPC Mod for BG2:SoA

~XULAYE/XULAYE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Xulaye's Player Initiated Dialogues

~XULAYE/XULAYE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Korgan Fights at the Pits

~LUXLEYSOA/SETUP-LUXLEYSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Luxley Family Mod for BGII:SoA

~LUXLEYSOA/SETUP-LUXLEYSOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Portraits for non-joinable NPCs

~NINDE/NINDE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ninde NPC Mod for BGII: SoA: v1

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II, v2

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v4

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v3.92

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v3.92

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain

~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v1

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn - version 6 (03Nov2007)

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // NPC Conflict Revisions

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 20 Minutes

~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: 2

~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Between You And Harm (alternate armour system): v1

~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #102 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Field Improvisation (convenience tweak, remove restrictions on combining protective items): v1

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Consistently spell-like Bhaalpowers: v1.00

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v1.00

~NPCDAMAGE/NPCDAMAGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // NPCDamage for BGII SoA/ToB: v1.1

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3072 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Faster Bears: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't given beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6161 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v8

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2294 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2

My classes have started anyway, so it might be a good thing my game crashes and keeps me from playing :D

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3072 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v8

I don't think that this component works with Amber. If removing this component solves the issue, please let me know. (Assuming that you decide to keep Amber over this component.) I haven had time to look into this problem, I but I hope I eventually will. It's kind of embarrassing that Amber won't work with all SCS components.

Archived