My Amber issues

mcfly

Guest Guest

Hi. I've played a little bit of the mod so far and it seems nice. I was wondering about the conversation you have with Nick where he talks about having Amber put away. What I don't understand is that you've already gone through the correct procedure to have her released into your custody, so what makes Nick think he can suddenly lock her up again? If you hadn't got all the forms stamped etc. then his comment would make sense, but Amber is already free, so his threat is meaningless.

I've also noticed that there's no comma after "past" in Amber's bio, and when Viccy interjects in the prison Amber's reply says "...the drow damsel in distress who apparently was pathetic enough to to need...".

Guest agnar
Hi. I've played a little bit of the mod so far and it seems nice. I was wondering about the conversation you have with Nick where he talks about having Amber put away. What I don't understand is that you've already gone through the correct procedure to have her released into your custody, so what makes Nick think he can suddenly lock her up again? If you hadn't got all the forms stamped etc. then his comment would make sense, but Amber is already free, so his threat is meaningless.

I've also noticed that there's no comma after "past" in Amber's bio, and when Viccy interjects in the prison Amber's reply says "...the drow damsel in distress who apparently was pathetic enough to to need...".

Well considering the bias and fear Amber's appearance causes amongst the folks of Athkatla and their fear of magic, i dont think nick, an "upstanding member of the city guard" would have too much trouble convincing the authorities that Amber had committed further illegal acts of magic.

Our paper work is releasing her into our custody but that doesn't mean it's a get out of jail forever card. If she went and blinded some other innocent, she'd still be in trouble, as would the party who now are considered responsible for her actions.

Now, the party's reputation might make nick's threat harder to follwo through with, but it's by no means meaningless, he's a dirty member of the city guard.

Guest Guest

Ah, so instead of "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant" (as we know, she's already been put away and subsequently released) he should maybe say something like "And perhaps I should tell the authorities that this little redhead of yours has been using illegal magic again, and have her put away for good". I think that's much clearer as to how he'd be able to carry out his threat.

Another thing I found a little strange was at the start of the Amber adventure when you casually say to the Civil Servant "Oh, I just want to have the demon in the prison released under (into?) my custody". The Civil Servant doesn't seem in the slightest bit bothered that a stranger is requesting the release of a demon (demons are dangerous, right?) and simply says "You should have told the clerk that we're talking about a demon, because for one of those, you also need an Appendix B135 for dangerous creatures". Is it an everyday thing for the authorities to release demons into the custody of complete strangers?

Ah, so instead of "And I should have this little redhead of yours put away for being a deviant" (as we know, she's already been put away and subsequently released) he should maybe say something like "And perhaps I should tell the authorities that this little redhead of yours has been using illegal magic again, and have her put away for good". I think that's much clearer as to how he'd be able to carry out his threat.

I think we can assume that, for the authorities and for someone like Nick, she is *still* a deviant but the only reason she was released is because we took the responsibility to keep an eye on her. So, I think what he means by this sentence is that if he threatens us to prove by one way or another that the deviant girl is still dangerous and blinding everyone around.

As far as he knows, we didn't prove that Amber isn't a deviant freak to him.

What I want to say is that I don't find this sentence illogical because of this reason. And by the way, this sentence recalls also how Amber is considered by the common folks around her and that she is subject of constant suspicion. Your sentence is less insistant about the threat that Amber might represent for anyone having a first impression. (or even a second one)

Another thing I found a little strange was at the start of the Amber adventure when you casually say to the Civil Servant "Oh, I just want to have the demon in the prison released under (into?) my custody". The Civil Servant doesn't seem in the slightest bit bothered that a stranger is requesting the release of a demon (demons are dangerous, right?) and simply says "You should have told the clerk that we're talking about a demon, because for one of those, you also need an Appendix B135 for dangerous creatures". Is it an everyday thing for the authorities to release demons into the custody of complete strangers?

This quest is particularly ironic about the administrative system in general. I would not be surprised that this particular point is part of the irony too : the Civil Service is such a mess and the people that work there are so messed up that we can assume they wouldn't even raise an eyebrow if you're talking about releasing a demon.

I don't know if that's the thought that Meira and Darios had when they wrote this exact dialogue but I find this explanation quite funny. ^^

Archived