Ability score changes

Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

Is it possible to change the bonuses that ability scores grant, like THAC0 bonus from strength?

I've been thinking a more linear bonuses, like in 3E for strength and dexterity.

statsns3.jpg

Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

So, it's enough, if I just extract (with Winbiff) the strmod and dexmod files to override directory and make the changes? And it won't fuck up my BGtutu otherwise?

How hard would it be make a WEIDU mod, with changes in those two files? Help anyone?

No very hard.

COPY_EXISTING ~strmod.2da~ ~override~

SET_2DA_ENTRY ~whatever~ ~~

Ect

I don't know enough about 2da modding, but with that you don't even need to extract the file from the biffs, WeiDU does it automatically.

Icen

I'm not sure what WinBiff is, but you might consider using NearInfinity or DLTCEP instead. Then you can just export the .2da files, change them with a text editor and copy them to your override folder. Though as Icendoan described, it's almost easier to do it with WeiDU.

I would consider including this in MixMod, but the bonuses are a little too powerful IMO and I'm more a proponent of 2e rules myself. Still, a tweak is a tweak (don't like it, don't install it).

Archived