Xan portrait bug

Guest Kristal

Guest Kristal

On entering Baldur's gate, Imoen gives Xan a makeover en rose. He complains that there are no pinkcloaks of Evereska, but when he gets his grey gear back, the portrait changes to the silly, hippy looking one from the original installation rather than the goth-emo one that came with this pack. The latter suits him better, imo :fish:

Guest Kristal

Hrmm, now I am thinking I had a non-standard portrait. I assumed it came from this pack (and it probably did) as I did not add very many mods, just this one, tweaks, and a few items like bag of holding (which doesn't work, pfah)

When I had a choice of portraits, I pretty much picked one at random. Looking for it, I got this one by Eldoth: http://www.gibberlings3.net/portraits/disp...um=1&pos=23

which I think suits the gothy, brooding character better than the woodstock acid-head that I have now :fish:

Stopped researching this several months ago when all I could come up with was launching a routine to copy the player choice of portrait and launch an outside image editor - at which point I think going there is pretty crazy. SHS's Visible Damage mod held great promise, but it operates with known portraits - I don't see how we can code a "make a copy of the player choice of portrait and pinkify it, then use that as the swap-out portrait".

So, no action, sorry - we can't make this happen.

I had the same problem. Personally I don't care if the pinkified portrait doesn't match the custom portrait, as long as I get the custom portrait back after telling off Imoen.

If it's not possible to make the script look in the Override folder for Xan's portrait, would it be possible to add a component to the mod that lets players manually change NPC portraits during the game? And if that's too difficult, what about making it possible for the player to put a stop to Imoen's makeover before it goes far enough to change Xan's portrait?

That said, is there any way I can get Xan's custom portrait back via manual hackery, or is there some way I can skip the makeover dialogue by setting a variable with CLUA?

Hi, the script references the portrait name, so if you want to portrait to change authomatically, you can override that XANL and XANS or whatever the default name is, depending on your game's version. No, the script cannot know which Xan's portrait you are using at the time of installation, as Cmorgan pointed out.

To change the portrait back manually if you are not interested in renaming your portraits, you can use a simple saved game editor, named Shadow Keeper. It's pretty straightforward.

Hope that helps.

Archived