NPC Attributes

Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

I'd like to see changes on NPC attributes, as some of them really suck atm. So that you didn't have to pick them, because of thei attributes, but because you like them (or not). I think one of the most interesting characters have the lowest attributes, what is really a shame. :O

Here's a list of changes, from best to worst NPC, what I'd like to see happen in a mod:

Khalid +1 DEX

STR 15, DEX 17, CON 17, INT 12, WIS 10 and CHA 9

Yeslick +1 CON

STR 15, DEX 12, CON 18, INT 7, WIS 16 and CHA 10

Branwen +2 WIS (finally cleric with 18 wis)

STR 13, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 9, WIS 18 and CHA 13

Eldoth +2 INT and +1 CON

STR 16, DEX 12, CON 16, INT 14, WIS 10 and CHA 16

Garrick +3 INT, +2 STR and -2 WIS

STR 16, DEX 16, CON 9, INT 16, WIS 12 and CHA 15

Faldorn +2 DEX and +1 WIS

STR 12, DEX 17, CON 11, INT 10, WIS 17 and CHA 15

Tiax +1 DEX and +2 WIS

STR 9, DEX 17, CON 16, INT 10, WIS 15 and CHA 9

Quayle +7 CHA (!) and +2 INT (to gnomish max)

STR 8, DEX 15, CON 11, INT 19, WIS 10 and CHA 13

These are not etched to a stone tabled, but a mere suggestion. But generally speaking, atleast those NPC need a little stat boost. The problem is, that I'm not familiar with current modding tools, only the old IEEP, so I would like to somebody to make a mod that changes weak NPCs attributes. I bet 90% of player dump Garrick as soon as they notice his horrible attributes. And I'm sure a LOT of people would like to see a mod like this... ;)

And in BG2, all NPCs from BG1 received stat boosts. :fish:

Here's a little calculation I did. Note: some NPCs are special, like Edwin with bonus spells...

bgnpcyb3.jpg

It's possible I guess, though I think it may be easier with TuTu.
Oh, the code would be the same regardless of platform - dead easy either way... the hard part is agreeing on stats.

Someone should probably move the posts from this topic over here if there are going to be two threads on the same thing...

Level One NPCs may well allow people to choose the stats for each NPC, so maybe keep an eye on that.
Yeah. I commented on that in the other thread. Can't imagine trying to do it without a GUI. With a GUI, it'd be a lot of choices. I like this option because it's simple and sensible.
Guest Guest_Ergopad_*

I'd like to keep the changes as small as possible and as close to original as possible also. And I wouldn't go that "decrease and increase" -method, but just add slightly stat increase to NPC's primary attributes, like some +wis to clerics and +int to bards. All these changes are very minor and these characters would still be far from the best and that is how it should be. :O

I'm not that eager to change all attributes or generate them myself. If I'd do that, I might as well play in multiplayer mode and create all them by myself. :fish:

And yes, no point to increase already very low attributes, like Eldoth's dex from 12 to 14, because firstly, it wouldn't help at all (except +pick pockets?) and he obviously is wanted to be clumsy, but atleast he should have some other decent "strength". I've always tought, that everyone of us, even with the flaws, has atleast something that he is good at it. ;)

PS. And that Eldoth's INT should be 15 (instead of 14), after boosting it +2

Archived