HLAs

Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs,

I welcome your plans for the Devas. Seems all okay to me.

The Deva looks perfect the way you made it.

About the Fallen Deva, it would actually be nice to change the spells more radically as you suggested but if the price to pay is even a slight incompatibility, I would say no. If instead there is no incompatibility (with SCS AI scripts) these are the spells I would change according to your proposal:

- Contagion instead of Cure Disease

- Poison instead of Neutralize Poison

- Cause Critical Wounds instead of Cure Critical Wounds

- Greater Command instead of Mass Cure

- Slay Living instead of Raise Dead

- Harm instead of Heal

In practice, all of them except the "-Hold person instead of Aid". :)

About the Fallen Deva, it would actually be nice to change the spells more radically as you suggested but if the price to pay is even a slight incompatibility, I would say no. If instead there is no incompatibility (with SCS AI scripts) these are the spells I would change according to your proposal:
SCS's (Fallen)Devas only use Cure Critical Wounds, Heal and Globe of Blades. I suppose that unless DavidW has the time to add a check/acknowledge of SR's changes then SCS's celestials won't use the new spells and just keep fighting (as Refinements celestials, though in this case SCS can't find a single useful spell because they're changed with innates). I can add custom scripts for celestials as I've done for other creatures (though I'm sure DavidW would be able to do a better work), but only the ones summoned by players will benefit from them if SCS is installed.

I hope DavidW can do something like what he kindly did with SR's Death Knight, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

P.S I've discovered that Refinements sets Deva and Planetar level to 25, which is strange considering its goal is to make them as per PnP. Those values make celestials twice as powerful as their PnP version! :)

I've discovered that Refinements sets Deva and Planetar level to 25, which is strange considering its goal is to make them as per PnP. Those values make celestials twice as powerful as their PnP version!
Perhaps, but it totally depends what spells they use and are they capped at level 15 or so... as the cre level only may just make them harder to level drain to death. --The Imp doesn't know what he is talking here, though... :)

Thanks DavidW, I'll patiently wait. :)

In the meanwhile I've finally done Planetars too, which has been easier than I though because they pratically are beefed up Devas with few differences (different weapon, additional immunity to charm/confusion/feeblemind, and a regeneration factor).

Panetar (18 Hit Dice):

STR 19, DEX 19, CON 18, INT 18, WIS 21, CHA 22; AL Chaotic Good

HP 198, AC -7, THAC0 -4, Saving Throws 3/5/4/4/6

3 Attacks Per Round, 2d6+10 slashing damage (Greatsword +3)

Combat Abilities:

Vorpal: 5% chance of severing target's head (save vs. death at -6 penalty neg.)

Special Qualities:

Immune to weapons lower than +3 enchantment

Immune to charm, confusion, feeblemind, level drain, death, imprisonment, maze, petrification & poison effects

Regeneration: 2hp/round

Acid & Electrical Resistance 100%; Fire and Cold Resistance 50%; Magic Resistance 75%

Slashing, Crushing, Piercing Resistance & Missile Resistance 20%

Known Spells:

1° Bless (x3), Resist Fear (x3)

2° Aid (x3), Find Trap, Know Alignment, Draw Upon Holy Might

3° Cure Disease (x2), Holy Smite (x2), Remove Curse (x2)

4° Cure Critical Wounds (x2), Death Ward (x2), Neutralize Poison (x2), Protection from Evil 10' radius (x2)

5° Chaotic Commands (x2), Raise Dead (x2), True Seeing (x2)

6° Blade Barrier, Bolt of Glory, Heal

7° Greater Restoration, Holy Word

Fallen Planetars should get different spells exactly like Fallen Devas imo, plus:

- Mental Domination instead of Death Ward

- Greater Command or Flame Strike instead of Chaotic Commands

- Dolorous Decay of Bolt of Glory

- Finger of Death or Firestorm instead of Greater Restoration

The only AI left to do is the one for Fallen Devas/Planetars in case we opt for making their spellbook a sort of opposite of good celestials' one as mentioned above.

Then I have to do some more tests to check if the summons are balanced and how they perform in battle. Finally I'll double-check if every new feature is implemented without flaws (I'd like to avoid issues like v1.5 improved Nymph :devil: ), I hope to finish everything today.

Archived