Elven bonds...and other stuff

Guest Sable

Guest Sable

First of all, I have to offer compliments on Kivan. I loved him even in my first vanilla runthrough of BG1, so being able to romance him in BG2 and ToB was absolutely incredible. You have now made my Kivan fangirling infinitely worse than it was before the mod :fish:

Two quick questions, though:

1) Maybe I've been playing too much of Kulyok's Xan mod, but assuming Kivan and Deheriana had an elven bond, wouldn't he have been able to tell earlier if she was utterly destroyed and never made it to Arvanaith? I suppose he could have been in denial or something...for fifteen-odd years...

2) Does Kivan have any conversations with PC about Deheriana after the Master Wraith, if PC is romancing him? And if not, why not?

Thanks again for a spectacular mod!

1) It is not something that I explain in the mod, since I didn't want to be too bossy and 'explanatory', but my story for that is: Kivan does die when Deheriana dies. When Shevarash brings him back, the bond is broken. Kivan's belief that Deheriana is alive and with him is not rooted in the elven bond or communion. It is a pure stubborn lover's feeling he has.

2) No. I felt that mod concentrated on Deheriana enough to go into yet another loop of "I love Deheriana, I love you." I wanted to keep ToB as much Deheriana-free as possible, and be about the Bhaalspawn and Kivan, but I could not commit to either the "Deheriana, who?" or "Deheriana is so passe now...."

Archived