Help me install this the right way !

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Ok , so this mod sound fantastic no really....I was drooling all over my desk when I read the README file...but there is a slight probleme....I never played BG 1! :fish:

And even the CD I have Im not sure if It's BG 1...well...I re-call it started with some armored guy chasing another then Gorion dying...anyway...I guess it's BG1 .

Now...what do I need to do to have this game well installed :O

Do I install BG 2 after this ? to get the TUTU ?

Do I have to make like a full install ? I hope not cose my CD refuse to make a full install...for X reasons....

Thanx

http://www.usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

Most of your questions can be answered under the "Requirements" heading. If you get a message when doing a full install of BG1 telling you that you do not have enough disk space, you should check that you do have the space required, and then hit the button to continue the installation - there is a known bug where the installer will not recognize a hard drive as having more than ~2GB of space available, even when you have plenty more than that.

Argh I don't know what want wrong,.....but it won't install the mod I mean...so it say send the debug file to the modder...but there is so many peoples who worked on this mod...wich should I contact with the file :fish:?

Here you go...

WeiDU v 20600 Log

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-bg1npc.exe

[./Chitin.key] loaded, 238496 bytes

[./Chitin.key] 159 BIFFs, 16694 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3407220 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 24124 string entries

[./Baldur.ini] loaded, 1449 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD5\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [H:\CD6\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4258 bytes

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-bg1npc.exe] Using scripting style "BG"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Choose your language:

0 [English]

1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 122 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections]?

[Y]es, [N]o?

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Portrait Changes and Additions]?

[Y]es, [N]o?

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Romances]?

[Y]es, [N]o?

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks]?

[Y]es, [N]o?

Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]

FAILURE:

This mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT folder, after Tutu/BGT conversion.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state

[bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("This mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT folder, after Tutu/BGT conversion.")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 122 translation strings

Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

WeiDU Timings

adding translation strings 0.000

FAIL 0.000

load TLK 0.000

parsing .tra files 0.000

tp2 uninstall 0.000

PATCH_IF 0.000

eval_pe 0.000

Parsing TPA files 0.016

unmarshal KEY 0.079

unmarshal TLK 0.093

loading files 0.766

Parsing TP2 files 0.829

stuff not covered elsewhere 61.530

TOTAL 63.313

Install in your EasyTutu or BG2 folder (if you have BGT installed). Nowhere else.

You are installing to plain Baldur's Gate, it won't work.

Also, update it to WeiDU v208. Makes it one hell of a lot faster.

Icen

Ok let me get this straigh , I have 3 folders I left them the default install : I ve got one BG folder , one BG SoA folder and last...the C:/Temp/easyTUTU folder.....so you are saying I install there ??

How do I upgrade ? I took the lastest on pocket planet ?

Ah

You haven't actually installed EasyTuTu, have you?

Go to C:/Temp/easyTUTU and run the setup program. Choose your options if you can (You may not have a full install of BG1), and then try it the the folder created (usually in Program Files)

Icen

No I did , and I choose the ''Normale'' installation , the it just install you see a lot of file scrolling and that's it . I did a research and can't find a easyTUTU folder beside the one where easyTUTU is installed......

Well nevermind...sigh I just found the damn error.......sorry for being a pain...it seem even if I selected the ''CUSTOM'' install of BG 1 there is files missing..........can I bypass this anyway ? like when installing the BG TUTU putting the CD of BG 1 so he can find the files ? or copy the files or something ?

Thanx for your help tough and sorry again... :fish:

even if I selected the ''CUSTOM'' install of BG 1 there is files missing...
If you selected 'Custom' and then 'Full' there should not be any files missing. Just keep track of where you chose to install it :fish:.
Well nevermind...sigh I just found the damn error.......sorry for being a pain...it seem even if I selected the ''CUSTOM'' install of BG 1 there is files missing..........can I bypass this anyway ? like when installing the BG TUTU putting the CD of BG 1 so he can find the files ? or copy the files or something ?

I had this problem as well. Copy the relevant files from the CDs to your BG1 appropriate directories.

Thanx for your help guys , but my copy is screw up apparently cose when I tried copying the content of my CD it gave me MS-DOS error..... :fish: and when the installation was running it kept saying to insert the CD even when it was already in there...I guess the files missing where because it didn,t copy them and instead left them where they were saying that it couldn't Unzip the data file required to finish the install....oh well.... :O ....guess gotta find me another copy of this game but thanx for all your help....at last now I know what I have to do once I get the game back on track .

Archived