multiplayer

Guest Jack

Hi I am new to this community!

Me and a few friends are looking to play through BG2 in multiplayer. I was wondering how compatible mods are in multiplayer mode? Is it a good idea to try to play with mods in multiplayer or will their use cause more problems than they're worth? Any advice is very appreciated!

Just make sure you have exactly the same installs. Same patches, same games, same mods.

Some mods, like the BG1NPC project will have less effect, but most, and tactical mods (SCS) will remain unchanged.

If you are behind a router, I recommend Hamachi.

Icen

Hi I am new to this community!

Me and a few friends are looking to play through BG2 in multiplayer. I was wondering how compatible mods are in multiplayer mode? Is it a good idea to try to play with mods in multiplayer or will their use cause more problems than they're worth? Any advice is very appreciated!

I've never had any problems with mods and multiplayer game. Although I try to keep the amount of mods moderate and only install ones that I plan to use in my current game.

Just make sure that you're careful when you install the mods (and the official patch); you should install them in the exact same order in all computers participating in your multiplayer game.

[shameless self-promotion]Amber has a romance track for the Player2 in a multiplayer game.[/shameless self-promotion]

EDIT: Ooops, I was too slow.

thanks for the responses!

I'm basically looking for mods to add more difficulty and depth to the game. From looking on this site I already found the bg2 fix pack which seems to be a good mod to start with.

Specifically I'm looking for high-quality mods to do some of the following:

increase difficulty of encounters

modify/expand to the original plot line to increase difficulty and/or to make the game more interesting for someone who has played through it a couple times already

add spells/abilities

add items/weapons/armor

add quests

any mod that can do the above without imbalancing the game would be very interesting to me

Archived