Romance help (again >.<)

Guest Guest_Nix_*

Guest Guest_Nix_*

OK, so: this sounds like the exact same problem a lot of other people have had, but I looked all the way through this forum several times and can't find a solution:

ADAngelRomanceActive: 1 (Woo! Good start)

Have had, in order:

2 flirts

Most of the player initiated questions

Shar-Teel talk

Most other player intiated questions

Drinking talk on rest in an inn

Flirt with another party member

"Tell me about Sayuri" talks (Tentacle monster... lmao)

(Cat ears at merchant talk... teehee ^_^)

Have also had all three sets of bounty hunters come and try to wipe me out (Time stop?! I'm fricken' tenth level! I only went to the Windspear Hills cos I thought maybe the quests needed to be advanced a little to to trigger the romance!)

AdvanceRealTime has been abused till it lay twitching on the floor whimpering about muffins. I've also actually genuinely played for several hours with no occurrence. Have rested outdoors in a LOT of different places to no effect... Have I missed something? Also: I've covered most of the side quests and am soon setting off into chapter 4 so what happens to LoveTalks in the underdark?

OK, so: this sounds like the exact same problem a lot of other people have had, but I looked all the way through this forum several times and can't find a solution:

ADAngelRomanceActive: 1 (Woo! Good start)

Have had, in order:

2 flirts

Most of the player initiated questions

Shar-Teel talk

Most other player intiated questions

Drinking talk on rest in an inn

Flirt with another party member

"Tell me about Sayuri" talks (Tentacle monster... lmao)

(Cat ears at merchant talk... teehee ^_^)

Have also had all three sets of bounty hunters come and try to wipe me out (Time stop?! I'm fricken' tenth level! I only went to the Windspear Hills cos I thought maybe the quests needed to be advanced a little to to trigger the romance!)

AdvanceRealTime has been abused till it lay twitching on the floor whimpering about muffins. I've also actually genuinely played for several hours with no occurrence. Have rested outdoors in a LOT of different places to no effect... Have I missed something? Also: I've covered most of the side quests and am soon setting off into chapter 4 so what happens to LoveTalks in the underdark?

Hmm...Again, I'm not much on the technical side (help me, Amaurea!)--I can only tell you this as the author: the sequential lovetalks are triggered by flirting twice, and nothing else should have any bearing on them--not the various player-initiated questions, not the quests, not the flirts--unless of course, the PC says something that obviously ends the romance (which I doubt has happened given what you've reported). The lovetalks control the flirting options and such, but never vice-versa.

The Shar-Teel talk is the "first" lovetalk, although it also occurs for nonromancing players. The first "official" lovetalk begins with Angelo singing (which, as I think Kulyok has said elsewhere, is "hard to miss")

That said, the spacing between the Angelo lovetalks tends to be a hair longer than in most other romances; so I would give it a bit more natural time; and if it still doesn't work, we've got some odd glitch on our hands...

I have to consult with my tech tutors, because I'm still learning! I will look into this to see if I can figure something out for you.

I know Angelo talks in the Underdark. On my first run-through, we had our first kiss on Adalon's steps!

I'll see what I can figure out for you.

Added note - when I rest, Angelo and PC both have that slightly crouched "waiting to talk" thing on waking, but then sometimes the others do too... not sure if that's relevant or not.

Edit: Oh, and Keto is *buggy*. Also beginning to suspect it might be her influence given things like when Angelo dropped to go to jail, her wine bottle appeared, unremovable, in my backpack.

Ooh well I don't know if this has a bearing on Angelo but I was just playing with Keto for the first time whilst trying to do the Edwin romance. All went well until a point she started up a conversation with Eddy, his romance music played and I got no more lovetalks. I went back to an earlier save (before she joined) and his romance went off without a hitch. It seems she was somehow usurping Eddie's next lovetalk, so it's possible she is doing the same with Angie.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

// Recently Uninstalled: ~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Angelo NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v3

// Recently Uninstalled: ~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo's alternative portraits -> Angelo's portrait, edited by SisterVigilante

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Angelo NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v3

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo's alternative portraits -> Angelo's portrait, edited by SisterVigilante

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #2 // Banter Accelerator

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SARAHSOA/SETUP-SARAHSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA: v1.3

~IMOEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // 'Imoen Romance Add-on Mod BG2:SoA(ToB required!)v1.2'

~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Subrace mini-mod for BGII v1.0

~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #1 // GUI changes for subrace mod

~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG1 stat bonuses

~SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yasraena v7 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin & Sillara of the Tamari

Meep! I uninstalled Keto but it did nothing and I haven't got far enough to have a save to revert to. Hope I don't have to start again.

I take it no-one has any thoughts? :) I started a new game with a complete reinstall and not installing any NPCs other than Angelo... no luck.

But I'm off on hols for a week now so you don't have to listen to me whinge ;D And I *love* the ToB portion.

Well, I played with v2 - I've not tried v3 (basically v3 corrected a problem with monk protagonists - I don't think there were any other changes) but I had no problems with v2 at all. When I played, the only other mods I had were Ascension and the Viconia SoA friendship mod (from SHS). There were no problems with Angelo at all.

I don't know if this is helpful or not. I think I still have a copy of v2 somewhere if you want me to mail that to you.

Have a good holiday in the meantime. :)

Can you send me a copy of your save game? My email is wwbythesea62@aol dot com (of course, type this the normal way!).

Before you do that, though, can you tell me what Angelo's romance variables are?

The only problem people usually have is not waiting long enough, and that doesn't seem to be the case here, so I'm fairly stumped. Are you having any other problems with the game?

Nix, the more I'm thinking about ths, the more I think you've inadvertently ended the romance. That's why I've asked for your Angelo romance variables.

Did you by any chance insist you loved him?

spoilers

Oooh yeah--you can do that from the dialogue that opens after you flirt the second time, can't you? I was thinking it was impossible the romance had been broken off, since the talks hadn't started, but...

Although Nix, the first post says the Romance Variable is at 1, right?

Archived