Romance help (again >.<)

Guest Guest_Nix_*

Hello... I'm back. I'll send the savegame tomorrow morning, the rom variable is 1 (I'm not completely technically inept, only mostly :)). Also... *I'm* weirded out at the thought of telling someone I love them that soon, never mind my character and Angelo :devil: And I did rest in a variety of outdoor places - Umar hills, Nalia's estate, outside in the slums, Windspear hills etc etc...

Sooo... Ended up having to do a complete overhaul and reinstall of just about everything. After which I figured out the ADAngelTimer global was set to -4987256 or something stupid like that.

Working apparently fine now, though the game thinks Yasraena's name is some line from the RE mod... but that's not your problem :laugh:

Thanks so much for the help guys :)

Sooo... Ended up having to do a complete overhaul and reinstall of just about everything. After which I figured out the ADAngelTimer global was set to -4987256 or something stupid like that.

Working apparently fine now, though the game thinks Yasraena's name is some line from the RE mod... but that's not your problem :laugh:

Thanks so much for the help guys :)

Glad to hear things...worked out, sort of :laugh:

I had a problem in my last runthrough with Keto and Kelsey - soon as they transitioned into ToB, their names went weird (Kelsey was something like "if only they could see me now" and Keto's was something equally daft). I fixed Kelsey by pressing K with his portrait selected, but Keto was busted. I was intent on dropping her for Sarevok anyway, since she has no ToB content, but it was a bit annoying nonetheless.

These things happen, I guess.

Anyway, try the K fix with Yas. Not sure it'll work for her though as she's not a Compton mod, but may be worth a shot.

Got significantly further on, when Angelo started trying to talk to me and repeatedly bringing up the player initiated menu instead. My journal is spouting dialogue lines from ALL my mods as well. I'm going to do another full install I think seeing as how everything seems to be properly f*cked. But after my exams. After.

Or maybe tonight >.>

First, and obvious question - did you make sure you patched the game when you reinstalled? (I had horrendous problems with BG1 after forgetting to patch...but that's what happens when you decide to install something at 1am).

Second, try installing fewer mods, perhaps. When I ran Angelo, the only things I had installed were Ascension, a Viconia friendship mod from SHS, and Angelo. I think that's it. Worked fine, anyway.

I'm getting a bit bolder with my installs, but I rarely have more than 5 mods installed per runthrough. Typically, I'll run Ascension, a few elements of UB, an NPC mod and perhaps a quest-based mod. Seems to me that the majority of people asking for help on forums because their game is buggy and weird, have these amazingly long and complex WeiDU logs. Less is more, IMHO (and well, less is more likely to work, more to the point!)

The patch is less important in BG2 than it was in TotSC. TotSC had a variable cap >_<

For some reason, installing multiple dialog.tlk altering mods repeatedly messes up the STRREFS, possibly making some invalid, so it would (in most cases) go to STRREF 1, which is something like 'Oh Haer-Dalis...'

Icen

So, what with the fifth complete reinstall and new game, I'm back to square one. I have ONLY Yas, Angelo, RE and DBG installed, but Angelo doesn't even seem to work on his OWN for me, so I'm feeling kinda defensive about the whole thing.

Problem number one, at least, is that the ADAngelRomanceActive variable isn't even setting automatically.

Shall I just give up? I'm pretty sick of uninstalling and reinstalling stuff and I feel like I'm being a huge pain in the backside for you guys as well.

You're not a pain in the backside at all! The only thing I can think of at this point is that maybe something wonky happened with your download of the mod. So, the fix for that is to uninstall, delete the mod from your BG2 directory, do a new download, and start over again.

Angelo is worth the trouble, I promise!

Archived