how do I keep Imoen as a pure thief in SoA?

Lemernis

I'm about to start a BGT game where I want Imoen to remain a Thief for the entire saga. (This is my first time using BGT.)

Using level 1 NPC should I

* make Imoen a Thief before even firing up BG1? (even though she is one already) I.e., will that override the game's script to make her a dual classed Thief-Mage at the start of SoA?

* wait until I complete BG1, and then before starting the SoA game change her to a Thief? (This assumes with BGT that there's a BG1 final save, the end-of-game movie, and that I'm not launched right into BG2.)

* wait until I complete BG1, and then before starting the SoA game change her to a Thief? (This assumes with BGT that there's a BG1 final save, the end-of-game movie, and that I'm not launched right into BG2.)
Yes. In fact, there are a handful or two of mods in the BWP recommended to install after BG1 and before SoA, and in your case, this would be one of them.

In theory, it might work either way - I'm not exactly sure how L1NPCs handles BGT CREs, but if you don't need to mess with BG1 Imoen, there's no need to do so.

Actually you don't need to do anything at all Lemernis, as the newest BGT-Weidu uses the same character files in BGI part as in BGII part, if they are in your party at the end of BGI part, while the transfer happens. Or so A64 tells it. :fish:

But if you want to you can give Imoen a kit for the Thief class with L1NPCs, but then you have to dual her if you want her as a Thiefkit-mage and keep her in the group... or else you get first level 1 kitted Imoen which has almost as much Xp as you have.

Archived