PnP Free Action

Salk

I am only saying that I still think that spell descriptions should be formatted like that, exactly for my own aestethical sense. It might be superficial but it does contribute to the beauty and the pleasure of playing the game.
I think you'll find too that not everyone is going to install the GTU. Even as long as Baldurdash has been around, some people don't even use that (some don't use a fixpack at all, but that's another story). So what happens when some people decide to follow your standards and some don't? Well, then you end up with a mishmash of different formats, which I think is worse than a standard that just doesn't have a line break where you want it. And let's say you do manage to reformat all the text in your game the way you want it. Well, what happens when you want to add a mod with new spells or items, say Geomantic Sorcerer? Are you going to go through its .tra files too (or worse, edit them after the mod's installed) to impose your format on them? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through just for an extra carriage return or two.

(Edit: On a side note, I think having the school on the same line as the spell name makes them slightly easier to read, but also I don't think something this trifling is worth quibbling over... if the format was the other way around by default, I'd stick with that too.)

Are here any news? Is the "PnP Free Action" of Miloch included in SR and IR now or should we install "Free Action" before or after SR/IR?
PnP Free Action is included in SR as spell, and IR's items use that form of free action (which doesn't prevend haste or similar bonuses). Still, I haven't included a patch for mod added spells and items, thus if you happen to install mods that add new items with a free action effect they will keep whatever version of free action the original author decided to use. If you want to use Miloch's Free Action just install it after SR, it doesn't matter if it's installed after or before IR.
Are here any news? Is the "PnP Free Action" of Miloch included in SR and IR now or should we install "Free Action" before or after SR/IR?
PnP Free Action is included in SR as spell, and IR's items use that form of free action (which doesn't prevend haste or similar bonuses).

Actually if I buff a npc with Free Action and then cast Haste on the party, I receive the 'npc: hasted' message but movement and attacks stays the same.

Actually if I buff a npc with Free Action and then cast Haste on the party, I receive the 'npc: hasted' message but movement and attacks stays the same.
:p For some reason there was still an effect in the spell which was preventing from being hasted.

The items' Free Action in IR instead is fine.

Here's the corrected Free Action spell, though you may try to install Miloch's one on top of your current install until you wait for SR V3. :p

rosik.gif

I try to keep the instal as simple as possible ( there're already some bugs that only happens to me :p best not mix too many things ) so won't even look at alternatives if this fix is going to work ^^

edit: working

Archived