At the end of SoA and having trouble with mages

Guest Periodiko

The script snippet which I posted works fine for me, i.e. the opponent walks to the nearest closed door and opens it properly.

NearestDoor is weirder than I thought, and it's not even totally broken. I have done some testing and posted the results in the IESDP forums.

I did myself a favour, wrote this snippet, and added it to WTASIGHT.bcs:

IF
 !See(Lastseenby(Myself))
 Global("OpenedDoorToChase","LOCALS",0)
 !Openstate(Nearestdoor,TRUE)
 Range(Nearestdoor,5)
 !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_PANIC)
 OR(2)
Global("Seen","LOCALS",1)
Heard([ANYONE],ALERT)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
Opendoor(Nearestdoor)
Setglobaltimer("AttemptedToOpenADoor","LOCALS",3)
Setglobal("OpenedDoorToChase","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
 Global("OpenedDoorToChase","LOCALS",1)
 !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_PANIC)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
Setglobal("OpenedDoorToChase","LOCALS",0)
Attackreevaluate(Lastseenby(Myself),15)
Randomwalkcontinuous() // If there is no LastSeenBy() set, the script automatically jumps to this action
END

It's basic stuff, but the results are more than decent. DavidW, if you could include something like this in most of your general scripts, that would be awesome.

-Galactygon

AFAIK you have to use detect traps and stand still :)

No, you don't have to stand still. You can attack an enemy while detecting illusions.

AFAIK, you don't have to stand still, but you can't attack either. You can run around though :laugh:

Now that we're on it, does Detect Illusion work like True Sight? I mean, does it dispel the same illusions? Does it detect invisibility? I'm sooo bugged by thieves having tons of invisibility potions* that I'm considering shopping athkathla with True Sight on.

* Ironically, invisibility potions are cheap and abundant, so there is no case one can do to avoid a L15 thief having 5 potions for 5 nice backstabs.

Bringing this back up for a bit of nitpicking...

3.) Unlimited Melf's Minute Meteors, which are created through a .bcs rather than a .spl. I think this is a bit of cheating. It would be nice if this were in an optional component, or if the wizards would actually have it memorized.

I haven't checked the scripts yet, are the meteors dispellable? That is, if I dispel them will they be generated again via script, or is there some sort of global that Dispel sets?

-Galactygon

Bringing this back up for a bit of nitpicking...

3.) Unlimited Melf's Minute Meteors, which are created through a .bcs rather than a .spl. I think this is a bit of cheating. It would be nice if this were in an optional component, or if the wizards would actually have it memorized.

I haven't checked the scripts yet, are the meteors dispellable? That is, if I dispel them will they be generated again via script, or is there some sort of global that Dispel sets?

-Galactygon

Pass. If not then in principle there should be, of course; in practice it won't end up being a high priority.

Archived