Congrats

Shaitan

This is just by way of a thank you for the effort involved in producing 'Wheels...' ; you say that 'it's not that big' and I read those comments before playing the ToB yet again so wasn’t expecting much at all. I can say that here size doesn't matter and the changes have a profound effect on the feel of the game. For a start, the grove that kicks off ToB now makes real sense. In fact a great deal makes a lot more sense than it did.

The role of prophecy is now a good deal clearer and more effective and now Sarevok’s explanations at the start have a clear thread through the narrative which I don’t think was entirely present before; despite Solar’s efforts to make it so.

I much prefer this less linear version provided by 'Wheels...' ToB no longer feels like stepping on an escalator and being carried inexorably towards the credits whilst protesting loudly that in reality one would never trust Melissan (and especially hardened BG players!) I must admit being able to tell her exactly what I thought of her has made my summer!

Thank you!

This is just by way of a thank you for the effort involved in producing 'Wheels...' ; you say that 'it's not that big' and I read those comments before playing the ToB yet again so wasn’t expecting much at all. I can say that here size doesn't matter and the changes have a profound effect on the feel of the game. For a start, the grove that kicks off ToB now makes real sense. In fact a great deal makes a lot more sense than it did.

The role of prophecy is now a good deal clearer and more effective and now Sarevok’s explanations at the start have a clear thread through the narrative which I don’t think was entirely present before; despite Solar’s efforts to make it so.

I much prefer this less linear version provided by 'Wheels...' ToB no longer feels like stepping on an escalator and being carried inexorably towards the credits whilst protesting loudly that in reality one would never trust Melissan (and especially hardened BG players!) I must admit being able to tell her exactly what I thought of her has made my summer!

Thank you!

Just to make sure: Kaeloree did the grove part.

Don't worry, there's sufficient gratitude and praise to dish out some more. I haven't used up this year's supply. :)

So, to be quite clear... thanks and congrats are due to *anyone* who did *anything* to produce 'Wheels...'

I have truly enjoyed it a lot - enough to bother to register and say thanks... And actually I'd just replayed ToB before I installed 'Wheels...' and found the changes sufficiently different to feel like it wasn't quite the same game this time round. The only problem I had was that like a lot of us I know the game rather too well so kind of expected things to happen and when they didn't wondered whether to panic or not... but of course the changes mean that the game isn't the same now! :D

Having played it through from SoA, ToB feels less like an add on and more like the continuation I'm sure it was meant to be.

Very glad to hear all this - I think you're the first person who's actually played through and commented.

It was a lot of fun to write, actually. I was just about to replay ToB for the third time, was vaguely dreading bits of it and thinking "if only", and then I thought actually something could be done about it without much work. And then I saw Kaeloree's discovery of the heads, and...

Congratulations from me as well! This looks very promising indeed!

Umm, I still have a SoA game with SCS II and loads of other mods installed. Can I install Wheels of Prophecy right now, and will it work properly once I start ToB?

Yes, it'll work fine provided you install before starting ToB. You might want to reinstall SCSII's "improved minor encounters" component after you install Wheels, though, since that will integrate the two mods' AI better.

Archived