Diriel Romance Requirements

Guest aguestreallyenjoyingthemod

The kissing in the snow is a 'special' part of a female talk, so it won't

Another way of checking the variables, is enabling the cheats in the game via options in the game panels, and quering the variables via the Console.

To do this:

Go into the configuration menu and select 'allow cheats'.

Press Ctrl-Space to bring up the console window.

Type ctrlaltdelete:enablecheatkeys(). Unlike BG2, you must do this every time you start a game.

The syntaxis for the command will be:

ctrlaltdelete:CheckVariable("VariableName","GLOBAL")

to set a variable:

ctrlaltdelete:SetGlobal("VariableName","GLOBAL")

I also have a question about Diriel :

now we're in Kudahar and romantic dialogues with Diriel in the player-initiated menu disappeared. I still have the flirts, and I can turn off the Jaemal Romance with an option

"Sorry I love Diriel"

DirielRomanceActive is 1

dirielmatch is also 1

Any help would be appreciated.

As long as the DirielRomanceInactive is not set to 1 (ie doesn't exist), it is normal. Diriel will talk to you once you have reported back to Iselore after going to Chult.

Thank you for the quick answer Domi and for the great mod, it's so much fun to play the Diriel romance!

Him telling me "It is rewarding to find a partisan of the high cause in you" made my day.

Well, I hope you will remain his fan after Kuldahar's talk. :p Diriel's popularity never stops to surprise me, but maybe it's because it's one of those RP experiences that are really removed from the RL considerations. :p

Hiya Domi. I'm just about to start your mod (my second attempt now that I've actually got time to play :) ) and I was considering following Diriel's romance path for this play through. I was just wondering though, is it essential for my character to share his extreme views in order for the romance to progress?

Aside from the stats, it's also what you say to him in the first few romantic dialogues.

Going by what you said here I'm assuming that should she disagree with him, he'll start to lose interest?

Sorry if the answer to this question is stated somewhere else. I did look through the forum, but there's always the chance I missed something.

Well, I hope you will remain his fan after Kuldahar's talk. :) Diriel's popularity never stops to surprise me, but maybe it's because it's one of those RP experiences that are really removed from the RL considerations. :)

Domi! You of all people should know the effect a really hot angsty Elf has on the playing populace! :D

Seriously though, all the hassle I went through trying to finish that blasted yuan-ti temple was worth it once I hit that particular sequence. :p

Going by what you said here I'm assuming that should she disagree with him, he'll start to lose interest?

If you keep disagreeing with him, he will eventually loose interest. He is looking for a comrade in his struggle, a fellow freedom fighter. The guy you can keep disagreeing with is Rizdaer.

Domi! You of all people should know the effect a really hot angsty Elf has on the playing populace!

Heh, I thought that the nature of his angst will be a turn-off!

If you keep disagreeing with him, he will eventually loose interest. He is looking for a comrade in his struggle, a fellow freedom fighter. The guy you can keep disagreeing with is Rizdaer.

Thought so, seemed most fitting with his character. :)

Thanks for the fast response by the way, and a brilliant mod.

Guest Guest_Gia_*

Out of curiosity, would Diriel romance a Drow at all?

I tried a few times with a Drow PC (different classes and alignments) and he doesn't go further than talking about his ideals.

I browsed though the scripts/dialogues (I know, I am such a cheater :) ). I can't find any reason why he wouldn't. Of course, I probably missed things in there. However, I found the Diriel romance fascinating. So, I created a different character altogether and the romance went accordingly. Unfortunately, I came across bugs here and there and decided to stop playing... uh... for now. I shall wait for v3, I thought, and cleaned out my games. Yes, I know... it could take a while. But, this mod was nicely-written that it made IWD2 more interesting to play.

Anyway, going back to the original question... will he romance a Drow at all?

Thanks for the lovely mod. And I look forward to v3.

That's true. I remember from the code that he wont romance a drow. I think he dislake mixing blood or something. He had some comments on Rizdaer's incompentence to be PC's lover because of his too great difference with PC ...or that's how I remember it.

No, he won't romance a drow.

I doubt there will be a version 3. I lost all skill with the Infinity, and find NWN2 far too fascinating to go back and try to figure out what's what in IWD2NPC. Too many things just don't work, and I was never any good as a scripter or bug-fixer to start with. In other words, I'd love to, but I don't think I actually can fix it. Too stupid and all that.

Archived