Ajantis/Kivan conflict

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Guest PetrusOctavianus

After going to the Bandit Camp and Kivan killing Tazok, my party headed for the farm north of the Friendly Arms, met Ajantis and recruited him to replace Jaheira who was killed by some Black Talon Elite in the large tent.

Immediately fater Ajantis joining Minsc and Kivan starts talking. Something about Kivan only having revenge to live for.

Then Kivan and Ajantis starts a conversation about fighting styles, which Kivan ends by saying it doesn't matter for him how Tazok will die.

Thought I'd bring it up since it looks like an oversight and should probably be easily fixed by changed the text to past tense if Tazok has been killed.

This is all assuming that is the NPC Project that makes Tazok killable at the Bandit Camp, of course...

It is hard to get Kivan to cooperate with deceiving the bandits :) I had to use a wand of paralysation to get him to shut up. In any case, if you managed to get Tazok and Kivan together at the bandit camp, hang around for a while after doing the deed, and you will see that someone shows up to collect his body to have him resurrected in Baldur's Gate.

Guest PetrusOctavianus
It is hard to get Kivan to cooperate with deceiving the bandits :) I had to use a wand of paralysation to get him to shut up. In any case, if you managed to get Tazok and Kivan together at the bandit camp, hang around for a while after doing the deed, and you will see that someone shows up to collect his body to have him resurrected in Baldur's Gate.

You mean Kivan knows Tazok has been resurrected?

I think Kivan *not* shutting up makes things more fun. With ScS installed and it's "Better calls for help" the whole bandit gang will come charging once battles commences. So far it's been the most fun battle in the game.

One very annoying thing is that the guy (Teven?) who brings the party to the Bandit Camp just disappears. One minute he's standing there, turned red, the next he's gone with no explanation,

I mean before you even meet Tazok. Usually if Kivan is in the party he will blow your cover and you will not be able to meet Tazok with Kivan in the party. I am not sure if it is random or not.

It worked once that Kivan played along quietly until he got a shot at Tazok personally, but not since. I've started a few new games over the last few weeks due to this or that thing not working properly, so I have had a chance to load that dialogue multiple times.

I mean before you even meet Tazok. Usually if Kivan is in the party he will blow your cover and you will not be able to meet Tazok with Kivan in the party. I am not sure if it is random or not.

This depends, really, on which Bandit Group you encounter. There are two bandit groups around, one in each area. I believe the one in Peldvale recognizes Kivan, but the one in Larswood does not.

Guest PetrusOctavianus

I went to both Larswood and Peldvale. We killed the one in Larswood (I think Kivan stepped forth or he was recognized), while the other led us to the Bandit Camp, where Kivan steps forth saying "remember me, Tazok?".

I went to both Larswood and Peldvale. We killed the one in Larswood (I think Kivan stepped forth or he was recognized), while the other led us to the Bandit Camp, where Kivan steps forth saying "remember me, Tazok?".

But as far I remember, it is not so that the entire bandit camp comes after you when you enter... So grab those docs and get the Boo out of there.

Yes,it's intentinally made that way that one group recognizes Kivan, and another - doesn't. Both a bit of RP on the backstory and giving the player the choice to sneak in the BC. If someone gets to it the banter should get an additional condition of not firing if Tazok is dead.

Guest PetrusOctavianus

I ditched Kivan in favour of Yeslick after his comments about stooping down the slaves' level. I was going to ditch Minsc (for the time being) but with his far more healthy attitude to the slaves I kept him instead.

When Kivan left (agreeing to meet again at the Friendly Arms) he still talks as if Tazok haven't been killed.

Some more oberservation that not nec'ly has to do with Kivan:

Alora disappeared when Angelo orderer our executions, but her parting word didn't make much sense:

"I'm too young to die! <CHARNAME>, we've got to do something!"

Anyway, after Ajantis being executed by Angelo and Alora disappearing I went back to the Friendly Arms Inn to collect Quayle (a true sign of being desperate) and Kivan.

Outside the gate to BG, we dispatched Silversword and her lupine friends, and learnt that Tazog was resurrected. Will that happen even is he was chunked?

Right after the battle Yeslick and Kivan starts talking about revenge. Kivan's dialogue makes sense now that we now Tazok is alive, but Yeslick talks about Rieltar as if he's still alive, but I'm 99% sure he was one of the guys at Candlekeep killed by Sarevok.

Incidentally you can leave a character with the Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep and the guard will still arrest you and accuse you of their murder even though they are still alive and well...

Incidentally you can leave a character with the Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep and the guard will still arrest you and accuse you of their murder even though they are still alive and well...

If I recall correctly, some doppelgangers kill the Iron Throne leaders disguised as the PC's party, so the PC gets arrested whether you kill them or not.

Though, you make it sound like they're still visibly in perfect health when the player gets arrested.

If I recall correctly, some doppelgangers kill the Iron Throne leaders disguised as the PC's party, so the PC gets arrested whether you kill them or not.

Though, you make it sound like they're still visibly in perfect health when the player gets arrested.

Excactly. Try it. After talking to them, keep one character near Brunos&CO and let the others ascend the stairs. Nothing will happen to Brunos&CO, but the party is still arrested.

OK, found the Ajantis banter:

phase1\dlg\x#ajantis.d(227): == ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ @136

and added !Dead("tazok") so that now reads

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-1 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#AjKI1","LOCALS",0) CombatCounter(0) InParty("kivan") !See([ENEMY]) See("kivan") !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Dead("tazok")~ THEN ~%AJANTIS_BANTER%~ AJKI1
@131
DO ~SetGlobal("X#AjKI1","LOCALS",1)~
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ @132
== ~%AJANTIS_BANTER%~ @133
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ @134
== ~%AJANTIS_BANTER%~ @135
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ @136
== ~%AJANTIS_BANTER%~ @137
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ @138
EXIT

The "slaves" typo in kivan's Rill discussion has been set to "slaver's".

Yeslick, I can't do much about without a chnage - will reserve this for further investigation.

Archived