Silvershield Fibula

Kristal

Well, I went to return it, but Coran decides to flirt with Ms Silvershield instead of breaking the news. He says he will serenade her that night, then she wanders off.

Is that it? I don't have a recent save so that I can try it again without Coran, unfortunately.

Yep - with "Mr. Chaos" along, that's what happens - he ends up distracting the lady and stealing the show. I thinks Skie/Eldoth combinations do that too. Basically, while you can complete the quest returning the item with Kagain long goe from the party, it isn't able to resolve with Coran in the party (just like he can wander off himself sometimes, especially after a skirt if not highly entertained by you); and for obvious storyline reasons the Skie/Eldoth story brings u a bunch of different stuff.

Last time I played with BG1NPC, I solved this problem by leaving Coran on the first floor of the house, and talking to the lady in question with him as far away as possible. Thus, his interjection did not happen, and the party was able to return the fibula. Perhaps you could do the same, and see if it helps? As for a recent save, isn't loading the last autosave an option?

Archived