Ajantis and his sword fetish

Guest PetrusOctavianus

Guest PetrusOctavianus

I'm using the Hard Times mod, which means that there aren't a single decent (+1 or better) Long or Bastard Sword before reaching Baldur's Gate, unless wielded by someone in the two groups we did *not* kill - the three haughty hunters in Cloudpeaks and the four party mercenary group goading us on the Basilisk map.

Also using Lvl 1 NPCs, so I gave Ajantis proficiency in Hammers so that he could use Bassilus' +2 Warhammer.

Apart from B's Warhammer the only other magical weapons I've found are Spiderbane, Flail +1 and Morningstar +1.

But in one of the banters Ajantis says he much prefer swords and don't like crushing weapons.

When I saw it I just hit Space untill the banter was over, pretending it never happened.

But I was wondering if it would be possible for the game to check a character's proficiencies before launching a banter?

Guest jastey*
I'm using the Hard Times mod, which means that there aren't a single decent (+1 or better) Long or Bastard Sword before reaching Baldur's Gate, unless wielded by someone in the two groups we did *not* kill - the three haughty hunters in Cloudpeaks and the four party mercenary group goading us on the Basilisk map.

Also using Lvl 1 NPCs, so I gave Ajantis proficiency in Hammers so that he could use Bassilus' +2 Warhammer.

Apart from B's Warhammer the only other magical weapons I've found are Spiderbane, Flail +1 and Morningstar +1.

But in one of the banters Ajantis says he much prefer swords and don't like crushing weapons.

When I saw it I just hit Space untill the banter was over, pretending it never happened.

But I was wondering if it would be possible for the game to check a character's proficiencies before launching a banter?

That's a good point. I'll check how this would be integrated. Maybe more a check whether he is carrying a sword, or something like that...

(Stupid possibilities players nowadays have - changing absolutely everything nganga... :) )

We have problems identifying that special dialogue, reason is that Ajantis is talking about his sword throughout the whole mod. I fear it is implemented into his personality. I am willing to find a solution for the dialogue you mentioned if you help me find it, maybe you can load an old savegame and quote the first sentence?

Apart from that, I fear Ajantis will talk about and show his sword fondly in more places. (No innuendo in this sentence intended... )

We have problems identifying that special dialogue, reason is that Ajantis is talking about his sword throughout the whole mod. I fear it is implemented into his personality. I am willing to find a solution for the dialogue you mentioned if you help me find it, maybe you can load an old savegame and quote the first sentence?

Apart from that, I fear Ajantis will talk about and show his sword fondly in more places. (No innuendo in this sentence intended... )

I have a feeling Safana has some good comments about polishing Ajanis' sword...

How about searching for "blunt" or "crushing"? It's not really his sword fetish that is out of place, but rather his disdain of blunt weapons. In vanilla BG1 he even starts with one star in Blunt Weapons.

Guest jastey*

ROFL So much to no inuendo.

Ah, seems I didn't get the problem at all. Of course, we will look for the Blunt Weapons part and see how we can weaken Ajantis' expression of his dislike. Very good point!

Archived