A program to compress MP3s?

Domi

No, what he was talking about was not IE compressed format. Just some way to make the wavs per se smaller, while they remained WAVs. Anyway, I think I will just stick with MP3s. If it has to be 150 Megs of sound, let it be 150 Megs. :)

150 megs of MP3/96 would be something like two solid hours of conversation, at least. Probably more, if you had VBR turned on. So if you really have that much audio, then yeah, I don't think there's really going to be any fix for you.

Any "compressed WAV" format is going to be larger than an MP3/96.

Yep, that's what it will be pretty much. The completely voiced (a-la JE or KOTOR) short module and all that.

Domi, I use Soundforge a lot and I often have to change the sample rates (and do other stuff) to save time in transfers or uploading. If you like, I can edit one of your files a few different ways and we can see how you like it.

Unfortunately, it's not so much how I like it, it's more of what NWN2 would play in the game. The range is very limited, it throws errors at everything. Believe it or not, but even making changes, and then saving the file leads to the file not being played in the game. You have to open each file and save it in a different directory w/o touching a thing for it to work.

Archived