Sarah Appreciation Thread

Guest Guest_Alessia_*

Finally managed to download and install the ToB beta. This is like the best Christmas ever! Or at least recently.

I was planning to play through from the beginning, seeing as I expect to have a little more free time in the next couple of weeks (it's intersession over here). So I might have some more detailed feedback in (hopefully) not too long.

Thank you! :(

I thought the ToB part of this mod fit very well with that game as a whole - twists and turns, rather depressing in parts, but with a note of optimism in the end.

I haven't been posting partly because I took some time off from the world of Baldur's Gate to play Final Fantasy IV Advance again, but I thought I'd drop in and say: well done. :)

Okay, I've played through Baldur's Gate II and TOB more times than I can easily count, even if I take off my shoes. I'm something of a BGII purist as well; the quality of the original game is very high and I don't like using mods that aren't, in my opinion, of equal quality. As a result, I use very, very few mods. Two, to be precise. Both NPC mods.

This mod took that number up to three. I am *really* impressed with Sarah: the writing is good, there aren't grammatical errors, the character fits well with the rest of the game and, most of all, the she's interesting. Also, the music is beautiful. Stunning, even. I actually downloaded the soundtrack before I downloaded the actual mod.

So, color me impressed. Many thanks :)

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm really glad you enjoyed Sarah. I've tried to weed out as many grammatical errors as I could but I'm sure there are quite a few more I could correct.

I'm glad she fits in too. I've always found it interesting that Auren (my other NPC with far less content and in my opinion, a mod that screams MOD!), has racked up tons more downloads than Sarah has...even though Sarah has way more content, is a deeper character, and the writing is more mature. *Shrugs*. As for the soundtrack, I'd have to say that was my favorite part about making the mod.

So thanks. :)

I just registered to comment on what an excellent job you've done on the Sarah NPC. This is the first NPC mod for BG2 that I've actually enjoyed.

Top notch work across the board. Voice acting, character story, romance,music, all very well done.

I gave her the Heartseeker bow upgrade (Teleomortis +4) from Weimer's Item Upgrade Mod, and she is utterly devastating with her whirlwind attacks.

Thank you very much for your time and effort! It gave new breath to my 8 or 9th run through BG2.

I have avoided playing a female character in BG2 because of the lack of romance but was recently put onto Sarah by a good friend so first let me just say WOW I’m impressed by Sarah. her refreshingly real approach to romance is a joy to play after the stock standard booty call that some others have tried to pass off in an alleged finished product.

I do have one question however, why is her racial set to vampires? Wouldn’t humans be easier for her to hate after life in the slums or was there some justifying story behind it that didn’t make it into the final cut i.e. that day back at age 14 when she came across the remains of a sacked merchant caravan and was shocked by the wilful carnage of vampires in a feeding frenzy?

I have avoided playing a female character in BG2 because of the lack of romance but was recently put onto Sarah by a good friend so first let me just say WOW I’m impressed by Sarah. her refreshingly real approach to romance is a joy to play after the stock standard booty call that some others have tried to pass off in an alleged finished product.

I do have one question however, why is her racial set to vampires? Wouldn’t humans be easier for her to hate after life in the slums or was there some justifying story behind it that didn’t make it into the final cut i.e. that day back at age 14 when she came across the remains of a sacked merchant caravan and was shocked by the wilful carnage of vampires in a feeding frenzy?

Hi:)

Thanks for your kind words.

Sarah just doesn't like vampires. They creep her out. There is actually a dialogue somewhere that talks about how she doesn't like vampires. Also, if you get to the Bodhi encounter, she does get freaked out about it.

Sarah doesn't hate humans. ??? She just prefers nature to them.

Archived