[BG1] Question to Droppable flag for items

jastey

I thought it worked that the item could be moved and dropped by the player but wouldn't drop when a creature dies? (I don't know if it works in the CRE header; possibly not, and the engine may only support up to the unstealable bit, which gets set by various TakePartyItem() stuff and does work.)

As far as I remember, there's no way to emulate the BG2 behavior short of a script that continuously checks HasItem() for all the party members and takes the item back if they have it but I don't.

Guest jastey*

What I wanted to achieve is an item that can't be removed from the inventory by the player. So I understand that the droppable flag isn't the one I have to use for this? (I knew it's something stupid..) I will have a look at the available flags again, thank you!

I had a look at the flaggs and boo.itm (misc.cre something), but I have to admit I have no idea what makes the item unmovable. I agree that it has nothing to do with the "droppable" flag, but how do I achieve this behaviour in BG1? I can't see anything on boo's itm that would make it unmovable. :)

I can't see anything on boo's itm that would make it unmovable. :)
Misc84.itm does not have the "movable" flag (in DLTCEP - "droppable" in NI) set on the item itself. Maybe you're looking at the item on minsc#.cre? It isn't set there (probably doesn't work anyway, as stated).

I had the same idea, but it won't do the trick since curse can be broken by a cleric (and it doesn't really fit for my context).

No, Zed Nocear had a very good idea: Check whether the item is in the inventory, and start a dialogue as soon as it isn't. The dialogue will close the inventory, so the item should be "unremovable", in a way, since the player doesn't manage to take it away. I have to check whether this really works the way it is intended, as it would fit very well for my purpose, even better than the mere unremovable restriction (since it's an NPC that doesn't want to give the item away).

Archived