New release of SCS imminent - translations sought

DavidW

There is 51 new short strings and 8 items:

@75=~Detectable Spells~

@76=~Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2~

@77=~Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1~

@78=~Mages use BG1 spells only; mages do not "pre-buff" (i.e., cast some defensive spells quickly at the start of combat)~

@79=~Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff~

@80=~Mages use BG1 spells only; mages pre-buff~

@81=~Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages pre-buff~

@82=~As of version 9 of SCS, this component is incorporated into "smarter mages"~

@83=~This component can take a few minutes to install; please be patient~

@84=~Improved shapeshifting~

@85=~Priests use BG1 spells only; priests do not "pre-buff" (i.e., cast some defensive spells quickly at the start of combat)~

@86=~Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests do not pre-buff~

@87=~Priests use BG1 spells only; priests pre-buff~

@88=~Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests pre-buff~

@89=~Improved Cloakwood Druids~

@90=~Improved Bassilus~

@91=~Improved Drasus party~

@92=~Improved Red Wizards~

@93=~Improved Undercity party~

@94=~All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable~

@95=~One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost~

@96=~Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost~

@97=~Two thirds of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost~

@98=~Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost~

@99=~All of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost~

@100=~Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items~

@1021=~Quaffs potion of clarity~

@1052=~Quaffs potion of extra-healing~

@2305=~No-melee mode activated~

@2306=~No-melee mode deactivated~

@3100=~Shapeshifts Lesser Werewolf~

@3120=~Lesser Werewolf Token~

@3121=~Werewolf Token~

@3122=~Greater Werewolf Token~

@3123=~Bear Shapeshift Token~

@3124=~Wolf Shapeshift Token~

@3125=~Wyvern Shapeshift Token~

@3126=~Salamander Shapeshift Token~

@3127=~Spider Shapeshift Token~

@3140=~This token enables the shapeshifter druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a lesser werewolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells, but gains the prodigious strength and speed of the werewolf. Unlike a true werewolf, however, the druid is still affected by nonmagical weapons.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 4

Strength 18/76

Dexterity 16

1 attack

Damage 1d6

Magic Resistance 10%

Usable only by its creator (equip as a weapon to use)~

@3141=~This token enables the shapeshifter druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a werewolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells, but gains the prodigious strength and speed of the werewolf. Unlike a true werewolf, however, the druid is still affected by nonmagical weapons.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 1

Strength 19

Dexterity 17

2 attacks

Damage 1d8 (attacks count as +1)

Magic Resistance 20%

Hasted

@3142=~This token enables the shapeshifter druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a werewolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells, but gains the prodigious strength and speed of the werewolf. Unlike a true werewolf, however, the druid is still affected by nonmagical weapons.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC -4

Strength 21

Dexterity 20

2 attacks

Damage 2d6 (attacks count as +2)

Magic Resistance 40%

Fire Resistance 50%

Electrical Resistance 50%

Acid Resistance 50%

Cold Resistance 50%

Hasted

Regenerate 6 hp per round

@3143=~This token enables the druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a brown bear. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 7

Strength 18/00

Dexterity 12

2 attacks

Damage 1d6

@3144=~This token enables the druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a wolf. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 6

Strength 17

Dexterity 18

2 attacks

Damage 1d8

Increased movement rate

@3145=~This token enables the avenger druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a small wyvern. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 3

Strength 18/76

Dexterity 17

2 attacks

Damage 2d4 + 25% chance of 3 points of poison damage

@3146=~This token enables the avenger druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a fire salamander. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 2

Strength 18/76

Dexterity 19

1 attack

Damage 1d8

100% fire resistance

Hasted

Fire Shield

@3147=~This token enables the avenger druid who created it to shapeshift at will into a giant spider. While in that form, the druid is unable to speak or cast spells.

STATISTICS:

In shapeshifted form:

Base AC 2

Strength 16

Dexterity 16

3 attacks

Damage 1d4+poison (save vs. poison or take 2 hp damage per round for six rounds)

Hasted

Immunity to webs

@4007=~This component requires "Smarter Mages"~

@4008=~This component requires "Smarter Priests"~

@4009=~This component requires "Smarter general AI"~

@4010=~More consistent Breach spell (doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)~

@4011=~Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility~

@4012=~Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)~

@4013=~Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic~

@4014=~Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level)~

@4015=~Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level)~

@4016=~Prevent party members from dying irreversibly~

@4017=~Core components (it is strongly recommended that all are installed)~

@4018=~Spell tweaks~

@4019=~Item tweaks~

@4020=~Gameplay tweaks~

@4021=~Cosmetic and ease-of-use tweaks~

@4022=~AI enhancements~

@4023=~Tactical challenges~

@4024=~Improved Thieves' Guild~

@4100=~Iron Skins, ~

@4101=~, and Iron Skins.~

And there is one string which changed:

@39=~Improved minor encounters~

We have almost done the french one, but I've got a question about @4100 and @4101:

@4100=~Iron Skins, ~

@4101=~, and Iron Skins.~

Do these strings patch the Breach's description in BG2?

@25915 = ~Breach (Abjuration)

Level: 5

Range: Visual sight of caster

Duration: Instant

Casting Time: 5

Area of Effect: Target Creature

Saving Throw: None

When this spell is cast at a creature, it breaches and dispels all of the specific and combat protections on the target creature. Here is a complete list of all the specific protection spells that are dispelled by breach: Shield, Protection Circle, Resist Fear, Protection From Fire/Cold, Fireshield, Protection From Acid, Protection From Electricity, Protection From Magic Energy, Protection From The Elements, and Protection From Energy. The combat protection spells dispelled by this spell are: Protection From Normal Missiles, Protection From Normal Weapons, Protection From Magic Weapons, Stoneskin, Armor, Ghost Armor, Spirit Armor, Absolute Immunity, Mantle, and Improved Mantle. The target's magic resistance, if he has any, does not affect this spell.~

Or another description in BG1 or BG2?

Hi David,

My last solo campaign has ended in ignominy (I simply couldn't get past SCSII Irenicus...obviously I'm not the tactical genius I thought I was :) ) so am looking again at BGTutu for a new character - think I will hang on until the new SCS is out though.

In the meantime, would you be able to elaborate a little on how the "BG2 spells in BG1" will work? In particular;

-where are the BG2 spell scrolls going to be available (random drops or stores)? Up to what level?

-I think a handful of BG1 enemy mages are level 12 which means that they have a level 6 spell slot. Will they memorise/use any 6th level spells?

I'm a little unsure whether I want the full range of BG2 spells in BG1 - part of me thinks it might alter the "BG mood" a bit too much - but on the other hand, being able to cast Stoneskin will be such a relief :D

Cheers

coaster

Hi David,

My last solo campaign has ended in ignominy (I simply couldn't get past SCSII Irenicus...obviously I'm not the tactical genius I thought I was :laugh: ) so am looking again at BGTutu for a new character - think I will hang on until the new SCS is out though.

Next week, with luck.

In the meantime, would you be able to elaborate a little on how the "BG2 spells in BG1" will work? In particular;

-where are the BG2 spell scrolls going to be available (random drops or stores)?

A mixture of stores and non-random drops. I basically made it up, so as to put one or two copies of each spell somewhere but not make the cool spells available too early. I'm not sure how well I did - feedback welcomes.

Up to what level?

Fifth, if I remember right. (I coded that component months ago and forgot to write up notes. I'll have to do it for the readme shortly, though.)

-I think a handful of BG1 enemy mages are level 12 which means that they have a level 6 spell slot. Will they memorise/use any 6th level spells?

Previous versions of SCS basically used existing mages' spellbooks and just tweaked them. This version rewrites spellbooks from scratch (it picks a speciality for each mage, to ensure a bit of variety) - so yes, if a mage is 12th level, he'll get a L6 spell. I don't use Death, though, since it's insta-kill for BG1 characters.

I'm a little unsure whether I want the full range of BG2 spells in BG1 - part of me thinks it might alter the "BG mood" a bit too much - but on the other hand, being able to cast Stoneskin will be such a relief :)

Up to you. It's optional to introduce them, optional to give them to enemies, and you can choose one without the other. My guess is that access to BG2 spells will make life harder rather than easier, at least for non-solo playing (enemy mages are usually higher level and benefit more than you do from stoneskin/sequencer/remove magic), but we'll see.

I'm a little unsure whether I want the full range of BG2 spells in BG1 - part of me thinks it might alter the "BG mood" a bit too much - but on the other hand, being able to cast Stoneskin will be such a relief :laugh:

And every enemy mage will also pre-buff with it.

Pessimist, me? :)

Realist, rather (sorry).

Archived