Suggestion

coaster

David,

Cleared out the mind flayer dungeon in the Underdark just now and it was a bit on the easy side - in particular, Umber Hulks, mind flayers and ulitharids all fall to Greater Deathblow. As ulitharids are supposedly more powerful versions of mind flayers, might it be worthwhile increasing their level by 1 or 2 so that they can't die from Greater Deathblow?

This would mirror the situation with Beholders, where the bog standard beholder falls to Greater Deathblow but the Hive Mother/Elder Orb etc are immune.

cheers

coaster

PS I appreciate that most "full parties" would not have HLAs in the Underdark, but could still be an issue for larger parties encountering the mind flayers later on in Watcher's Keep/Sendai's lair.

David,

Cleared out the mind flayer dungeon in the Underdark just now and it was a bit on the easy side - in particular, Umber Hulks, mind flayers and ulitharids all fall to Greater Deathblow. As ulitharids are supposedly more powerful versions of mind flayers, might it be worthwhile increasing their level by 1 or 2 so that they can't die from Greater Deathblow?

This would mirror the situation with Beholders, where the bog standard beholder falls to Greater Deathblow but the Hive Mother/Elder Orb etc are immune.

cheers

coaster

PS I appreciate that most "full parties" would not have HLAs in the Underdark, but could still be an issue for larger parties encountering the mind flayers later on in Watcher's Keep/Sendai's lair.

That sounds like a good idea. (I don't want to systematically put creatures out of reach of Greater Deathblow as it obviates the point of taking it, but ulitharids look like a special case.)

Archived