Very long load times in Drow City

Silverstar

I like this mod. I know there are certain lags each time a high lvl spell caster (lich, arch-magi) is spawned thanks to extremely long and smart enemy scripts. However my save games used to load pretty fast, until Underdark main section, and most noticably, Drow City Ust Natha.

Whenever I have to load a save game in Drow City, the load time is very long when compaired to other areas. It gets distracting and annoying fast as Drow City is a dangerous place and I require several reloads...and each reload is so...slow. But why?

Now out of Underdark, the loading times are short as always. But it was a real chore to do the Drow City. (and escaping it was a real nightmare, congratulations on that one!) Just curious, does this happen to others as well or something is wrong with my installation? I assume since there are so many spell casters in Ust Natha it takes much longer to load then other areas? What can be done to reduce this? Do you know how cache size or other options work in configuration to minimise loading times?

I like this mod. I know there are certain lags each time a high lvl spell caster (lich, arch-magi) is spawned thanks to extremely long and smart enemy scripts. However my save games used to load pretty fast, until Underdark main section, and most noticably, Drow City Ust Natha.

Whenever I have to load a save game in Drow City, the load time is very long when compaired to other areas. It gets distracting and annoying fast as Drow City is a dangerous place and I require several reloads...and each reload is so...slow. But why?

Now out of Underdark, the loading times are short as always. But it was a real chore to do the Drow City. (and escaping it was a real nightmare, congratulations on that one!) Just curious, does this happen to others as well or something is wrong with my installation? I assume since there are so many spell casters in Ust Natha it takes much longer to load then other areas? What can be done to reduce this? Do you know how cache size or other options work in configuration to minimise loading times?

I really don't know about this one - it's possible it's to do with lots of spellcasters being present, but come to think of it there aren't all that many (at least until the end-battle escape), and I haven't seen it on my own playthrough. The usual advice (defragment your hard-drive, shut down other stuff) might be worth a try. Others who are more up on this side of IT might know too.

Thanks for a quick answer. Too bad nobody has experienced this. This has never happened in another area in my game, though.

What should be my cache size in configuration menu? Does it load faster if it is bigger or vice versa? Also there is one option with percentiles, it explains that the higher the number, I will get better map scrolling in an area but slightly worse load times. I think this was set to %100 and I can scroll and travel in any given map with lightning speed. Should I drop this?

If someone can enlighten me in these subjects I would be grateful!

This is probably not very helpful at all, because I am about to fall asleep after a whole-night party so my brain is not working very well :laugh: but the first thing that I thought of when I read the first post was that perhaps there is some connection to that "Underdark stutter bug" after the party has been changed to look like Drow?

And now off to bed...

Archived