Lendarn - cheating bastard

I'm not using the "Protection from Normal Missiles protects against magic arrows", and I just met Lendarn in the Firewine Ruins. He buffs with Mirror Image and Protection from Normal Missiles.

I hit him 8 (eight) times with magic arrows and melee weapons and he's still uninjured and has at least three mirrors left. Petrus is not amused...

WTF is this?!? And why the bleep does never any of *my* characters get more than 2 or 3 mirrors?

EDIT: Damned, seems Protection from Normal Missiles is bugged in my game or else the ScS component must have been installed after all.

I waited untill Lendarn's Mirror Images went out and still I hit but do no damage with +1 Arrows.

This is highly annoying, since I retsated the game partly because PfNM working against magic arrows were just *too* annoying and frustrating. And using Hard Times there's not that many magic missiles around anyway, and I've probably wasted half of them on Vampiric Wolves and Icharyd.

So now I have two things installed that I specifically did *not* install - the one mentioned here and the "adjust NPCs' XP to player" component from another mod.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Mt WeiduLog:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-HARDTIMES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hard Times v1
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 3
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate.: v16
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16
~XANBG2VOICE/SETUP-XANBG2VOICE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's BG2 voice for BG1, v2
~XANBG1FRIEND/SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1, v4
~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Longhaired Female Elven Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Female Cleric and Druid Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Male Half-Orc Paperdoll
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Longhaired Female Human Fighter Avatars in Full Plate Armor
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Male Human Barbarian Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Male Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Female Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Male Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Female Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Female Human Rogue Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Male Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Female Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Use Male Vampire Avatars for Human Male Thieves
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters: v2
~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack: v2
~IMPROVEDBAMS/IMPROVEDBAMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Inventory BAMs
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #19 // NPCs/Summons Set Off Traps -> Everyone can set off traps (excluding illusions, etc.)
~IITWEAK/IITWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2004 // Raise Dead cost
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v3.91
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v3.91
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's L1 NPCs, Beta 6, Oct 19, 2007: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components)
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1218 // Ajantis Ilvastarr
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1219 // Alora
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Branwen
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1222 // Dynaheir
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odessiron
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1223 // Eldoth Kron
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1224 // Faldorn
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Garrick
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1226 // Kagain
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1227 // Khalid
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1229 // Montaron
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Quayle
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1231 // Safana
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1232 // Shar-Teel Dosan
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1233 // Skie Silvershield
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1234 // Tiax
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1235 // Xan
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1236 // Xzar
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1237 // Yeslick Orothiar
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #41 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Faster Bears
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Smarter general AI
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Better calls for help
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Potions for NPCs
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Smarter mages
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Mages pre-cast defensive spells
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Smarter priests
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Priests pre-cast defensive spells
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Smarter deployment
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Smarter sirines and dryads
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #240 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter basilisks
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Improved doppelgangers
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #280 // Relocated bounty hunters
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #290 // Improved Ulcaster
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Improved Balduran's Isle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Improved Durlag's Tower
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #320 // Improved Demon Cultists
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #330 // Improved miscellaneous encounters
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #340 // Tougher chapter-two end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #350 // Tougher chapter-three end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #360 // Tougher chapter-four end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #370 // Tougher chapter-five end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #380 // Tougher chapter-six end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved final battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Skip Candlekeep
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #5 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 80%
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #14 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Respawn Interval: 7 game days
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

And why the bleep does never any of *my* characters get more than 2 or 3 mirrors?
Did you read the spell description? As the amount is level dependent.

As a hint, just magic missile the blaze out of him, easy? A bit.

Description says nothing about amount of mirrors being level dependent - only that it creates 2 - 8 mirrors. Anway, Lendarn is only lvl 9, so if it is indeed level dependent, then he's getting more than his fair share.

As for magic missile, kinda hard when Lendarn is also protected by Shield and Minor Globe.

And why the bleep does never any of *my* characters get more than 2 or 3 mirrors?
Did you read the spell description? As the amount is level dependent.

As a hint, just magic missile the blaze out of him, easy? A bit.

Description says nothing about amount of mirrors being level dependent - only that it creates 2 - 8 mirrors. Anway, Lendarn is only lvl 9, so if it is indeed level dependent, then he's getting more than his fair share.

He's not cheating: he's casting the standard spell.

Yes, it turned out the problem is that PfNM is bugged in my game. I installed the PfNM component and then uninstalled it, and then re-installed the whole ScS. I loaded up the autosave from outisde the ruins, then loaded my main archer up with potions and confronted Lendarn again. And again, the Arrows +1 does not work on him. I have tried looking at the PfNM spell in Near Infinity, without becoming any wiser. For some reason NI won't show the SPWI311.SPL file located in the Override directory.

Any ideas?

Ahh, well unless he has some other protections... you have two choices,

1) Dispel magic, dispel, dispel or

2) Detect Illusion(mirror image) and Spell Thrust(normal missile and minor globe).

For some reason NI won't show the SPWI311.SPL file located in the Override directory. Any ideas?
It might be biffed and so it's in the normal SPL files.

2) Detect Illusion(mirror image) and Spell Thrust(normal missile and minor globe).

For some reason NI won't show the SPWI311.SPL file located in the Override directory. Any ideas?
It might be biffed and so it's in the normal SPL files.

Also, Petrus, remember that you can purchase scrolls of the aforementioned or relate spells in the appropiate stores :)

But i guess you wanted something different than a temporary solution, right?

I've found Dispel Magic to be all but useless, since the enemies are always of higher level.

Won't Minor Globe prevent Detect Illusion from working against Mirror Image? I've always played under that assumption, but I could be wrong, of course. The myriad of protections and counter-spells in the BG series is enough to give me a headache...

Spell Thrust isn't in Easytutu AFAIK.

If dispel doesn't work your best bets are:

-Wait his protections out, eg. by making your party invisible (bit cheesy, but hey, if your game is bugged...)

-Melee him

-Arrows of Dispelling (not sure if Hard Times reduces the number of these - there are normally a bunch at Sorcerous Sundries, plus a few more scattered around eg. in Durlags).

Yes, it turned out the problem is that PfNM is bugged in my game. I installed the PfNM component and then uninstalled it, and then re-installed the whole ScS. I loaded up the autosave from outisde the ruins, then loaded my main archer up with potions and confronted Lendarn again. And again, the Arrows +1 does not work on him. I have tried looking at the PfNM spell in Near Infinity, without becoming any wiser. For some reason NI won't show the SPWI311.SPL file located in the Override directory.

Any ideas?

Well, that component doesn't actually edit SPWI311: it edits the arrows themselves.

There are two different versions of spwi311.spl in my BaldursGateTutu folder. The difference is that the one in C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\scs\misc and the Override folder has the following line added under Spell Ability:

Effect: Type: Modify script state (282),Targettype: TargetPresetTarget (2),Power: 3,Value: 1,

I tried using the slightly smaller version from C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\scs\backup\10, but the Arrows +1 are still not doing any damage...

EDIT:

Problem solved!

It turned out it was the Arrows +1 (_AROW02.ITM) that was bugg(er)ed!

Changing Projectile Type from ARROWHVY.PRO (5), which I noticed being mentioned in the Spell Effects of PfNM, to ARROW.PRO (2) which the Arrows +2 (_AROW11.ITM) uses, did the trick!

EDIT 2: Sanity has been restored ans rarely has killing an NPC been so satisfying...

Problem solved!

It turned out it was the Arrows +1 (_AROW02.ITM) that was bugg(er)ed!

Changing Projectile Type from ARROWHVY.PRO (5), which I noticed being mentioned in the Spell Effects of PfNM, to ARROW.PRO (2) which the Arrows +2 (_AROW11.ITM) uses, did the trick!

I'm not sure it's bugg(er)ed exactly: rather, you've still got that SCS component installed somehow even though you've tried to remove it. It works by altering the projectile type.

Archived