weapons profs shorted on join-up level-ups?

Lemernis

I just added Branwen and Coran in a BGT game, both joined the party at level 7 (via BG2 Tweaks component "TOB-style NPCs").

They each only got one weapon prof...

Maybe for a cleric it might be only one. Honestly, I can't recall atm.

But shouldn't a multiclass Fighter-Thief get more profs? Again, I can't recall the rule for this.

I can change it via Shadowkeeper if it's wrong. Is this a bug?

I just added Branwen and Coran in a BGT game, both joined the party at level 7 (via BG2 Tweaks component "TOB-style NPCs").
That's a known bugger, as the code that changes the char doesn't run... you should also recheck that the hit points are right, as I had simular thing(with SCS) and they all had +20 hit points but no weapon proff's.

1 point each should be correct, actually.

Since clerics get a point every four levels, Branwen got her 4th level point, and needs to level up to get her next one.

As a multiclass fighter/thief, Coran would get a point every 3 levels of fighter. He has his 1 point for 3rd level, and gets his next point at level 6.

So for Branwen that's two at creation plus one at level 4 = 3. Clerics can only have one pip per slot, IIRC.

For Coran four at creation, plus one at level 3 = 5. And multis can't place more than two pips in any prof, right?

Right, unless you change the rules with the L1NPCs... :laugh:

Thankee kindly, sir.

I had tried Coran as a Swashbuckler who dual-wielded scimitars in an earlier go at a BGT game, although bugginess from poor install order had me start a new game. It was an interesting departure for Coran, but I found that ultimately I did miss using him as an archer. So I left him as a Fighter-Thief this time around.

With L1NPCs I gave him ** in Long Bow, ** in Scimitar, and * in Single Weapon Style. And poured all of his thieving points into Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, and Set Traps. (Imoen is taking care of traps and locks.)

Archived