BG1 transfered to BG2 in Widescreen worldmap-crash

Guest schroedb

Guest schroedb

Hi,

i have installed the widescreenmod and the mod transfering BG1 in BG2. Now i play BG for the first time. All runs perfect. My Problem is a crash in the moment, when I try to go to the worldmap and want to click to the Town: "Waukins Promenade". Even I only move my cursor above the Name an than a complet crash witout an Error Description. What can I do to fix it?

I hope my english can be understand, normally I write only in german, so thanks for give it a try)

greetings

schroedb

You shouldn't be able to transfer from the BGI portion of the game to the BGII portion, so we will need to see your WeiDU.log . So open the file in the game folder with text editor(notepad, wordpad etc.) and copy paste the content to a post. So, by the way, I almost sure this problem has nothing to do with WSM...

Now if you are using BGT as the primary mod to get the BGI portion, you need to complete the BGI+the Tales of the Sword Coast quests in Ulgoth's Beard and report back to Belt(the name of duke in the English version) after which he will then commence the transfer process(you go to sleep in the Three Old Kegs tavern).

Which you have done by the looks of the WeiDU.log... Now the problem is the BGT1.05b, which the patch will correct.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #4 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil 1.05b

// Recently Uninstalled: ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Hauptteil reparieren

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #3 // BETA Berichtigungen des Hauptteils (schaut bitte in die Lies-mich Datei!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #100 // Die Gruppe bekommt Erfahrungspunkte dafuer, dass Ihr Keldorn wegschickt, um sich mit Maria zu versoehnen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #101 // Verbesserte Zauber-Animationen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #102 // Cromwell braucht zum Schmieden wirklich einen Tag

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #103 // Uneinheitlichenr Gebrauch des Dolches berichtigen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #104 // Ghreyfains Heiliges Symbol berichtigen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #106 // Riesen erhalten Strafen wenn sie Halblinge, Zwerge und Gnome angreifen.

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #107 // Entfernt Beschraenkungen von zweiklassigen Bogenschuetzen und Pirschern

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #108 // Entfernt den zweiten zugewiesenen Bonus für den Schlechten Weg bei den Prüfungen in der Hölle.

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #109 // Korrigiertes Verhalten herbeigerufener Dämonen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #110 // Zusätzliche Korrekturen der Skripte

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #111 // Berichtigte Bardenlieder

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #112 // Magierkiller bewirkt Irreführung bei Angriffen mit Fernkampfwaffen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #113 // Zusätzliche Berichtigung der Gesinnung

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #114 // Ändere Handlungsfreiheit in Schutz vor Betäubung

The problem is that the BGT1.05b has a broken link there... this(the patch the post directs to) might fix it.

Problem remains :-( Here my new WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #4 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil 1.05b

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Hauptteil reparieren

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #3 // BETA Berichtigungen des Hauptteils (schaut bitte in die Lies-mich Datei!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #100 // Die Gruppe bekommt Erfahrungspunkte dafuer, dass Ihr Keldorn wegschickt, um sich mit Maria zu versoehnen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #101 // Verbesserte Zauber-Animationen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #102 // Cromwell braucht zum Schmieden wirklich einen Tag

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #103 // Uneinheitlichenr Gebrauch des Dolches berichtigen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #104 // Ghreyfains Heiliges Symbol berichtigen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #106 // Riesen erhalten Strafen wenn sie Halblinge, Zwerge und Gnome angreifen.

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #107 // Entfernt Beschraenkungen von zweiklassigen Bogenschuetzen und Pirschern

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #108 // Entfernt den zweiten zugewiesenen Bonus für den Schlechten Weg bei den Prüfungen in der Hölle.

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #109 // Korrigiertes Verhalten herbeigerufener Dämonen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #110 // Zusätzliche Korrekturen der Skripte

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #111 // Berichtigte Bardenlieder

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #112 // Magierkiller bewirkt Irreführung bei Angriffen mit Fernkampfwaffen

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #113 // Zusätzliche Berichtigung der Gesinnung

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #114 // Ändere Handlungsfreiheit in Schutz vor Betäubung

~SETUP-BGT105BPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT v105b: transition patch v1

Did you try from older save before you start the transfer process?(the final talk with the Belt) As you can't just jump the "Waukins Promenade", as you are really transferred to the Irenicus dungeon.

I really dont know. Maybe my savegame will tell my Problem. Before I start playing. I had a mod which can integrate BG1 in the BG2 (the complett game can benfit from the BG2 engine now, cannot better describe it. )

So here is my savegame, if you can perhaps look at it?

thanks

greetings schroedb

savegame.rar

Archived