Small Teeth crash

Silverstar

I have improved Small Teeth component from another mod, and when I try to travel that area the game gives an error and crashes. What can I do?

I do not have access to my weidu log right now but mine is a mega installation with tactics, improved battles, ascension, a few NPCs and quest mods, and finally, SCS II. I had the patch and G3 fix pack and have never encountered such a serious bug up to now. (near the end of SoA)

I have improved Small Teeth component from another mod, and when I try to travel that area the game gives an error and crashes. What can I do?

I do not have access to my weidu log right now but mine is a mega installation with tactics, improved battles, ascension, a few NPCs and quest mods, and finally, SCS II. I had the patch and G3 fix pack and have never encountered such a serious bug up to now. (near the end of SoA)

No idea, sorry. I don't directly touch that area, so if it's SCSII-caused at all, it's a weird compatibility issue of some kind. Ask at the megamod forums at SHS.

Guest temujin.
Yeah, it's most likely Tactics installed after BG2 Fixpack. (Leads to missing entrances in the overwritten areas.) Somewhere on SHS I posted a snippet which should be able to fix this.

thanks for this.

so i guess, with your fix installed after tactics, it's now "safe" to install tactics after the bg2 fixpack (from this point onwards)?

Sorry for posting in a wrong forum then. I simply uninstalled the small teeth and north forest components from tactics and the areas were reachable. Ofcourse I missed the dragons in small teeth so I CLUAConsoled a red dragon, a purple dragon, and a yellow dragon for fun and XP.

Thanks for pointing out to right directions!

Both.

Fixpack fixes things via patching, adding to anything already there, while tactics overwrites, destroying anything already there. Fixpack depends on something in that area which tactics overwrote.

Icen

Truly the wrong forum for this topic.. (sorry David) but actually most likely the root cause would be installation of Worldmap which relies upon to new entrance given to Small Teeth Pass (AR1700) by BG2 Fixpack. Fixpack patches in the entrance to AR1700.ARE, Improved STP from Tactics overwrites the .ARE with it's version, and Worldmap installs travel links to AR1700.ARE referencing an entrance created by BG2 Fixpack which no longer exists. You'll run into the same issues with AR1600.ARE, AR2500.ARE, and AR2600.ARE. If you desire to install STP from Tactics without breaking your game, the best workaround is to copy the AR1700.ARE from the Tactics/STP/copy folder to your override prior to installing BG2 Fixpack, and remove it from the Tactics/STP/copy folder prior to installing that component.

Archived