I Need Help With IceWind Dale

Fabian Littlepine

Hey Hi, i'm new by this parts and so i need help, i installed my IWD, HoW and TotLM on my pc, eventually i play it form the beginning at Easthaven when i was so close to finish the prologue and just after speaked with Hrothgar the game shutdown showing some kind of Message that reads like... "Wrong Disc On C:(why C:¿?¿?¿?), pleases insert Disc 2 on C:( :) )" can anyone help me please, i'm on a hurry :laugh:... well that's all, thank you very much.

Hey Hi, i'm new by this parts and so i need help, i installed my IWD, HoW and TotLM on my pc, eventually i play it form the beginning at Easthaven when i was so close to finish the prologue and just after speaked with Hrothgar the game shutdown showing some kind of Message that reads like... "Wrong Disc On C:(why C:¿?¿?¿?), pleases insert Disc 2 on C:( :) )" can anyone help me please, i'm on a hurry :laugh:... well that's all, thank you very much.

Sounds like you haven't done a Full Install and the game is looking for the cutscene movie on the CD or DVD.

Wrong Disc On C:(why C:
What does your game.ini(don't remember the real name) say under the [Alias] heading, when you open it with a text editor? As if it isn't correct, the game doesn't know where to look it form. And did you do the full install?..

The file is Icewind.ini. Open it in any text editor (Notepad and Wordpad work just fine).

I am assuming you installed the game into C:\Program Files. The entries under [Alias] should all be pointed to you installation directory.

Also, did you do a full install (all boxes checked)? If not, you may want to uninstall and reinstall this way. Saves lots of time not having to swap out CDs every little while...

Wrong Disc On C:(why C:
What does your game.ini(don't remember the real name) say under the [Alias] heading, when you open it with a text editor? As if it isn't correct, the game doesn't know where to look it form. And did you do the full install?..

Well yea i fully installed the game but im not able to find the icewind.ini, i found a icewind file but i cant open it with my text editor...

Sounds like you haven't done a Full Install and the game is looking for the cutscene movie on the CD or DVD.

I fully installed the game but the pc seems to look for the cd2 on C: its weird

The file is Icewind.ini. Open it in any text editor (Notepad and Wordpad work just fine).

I am assuming you installed the game into C:\Program Files. The entries under [Alias] should all be pointed to you installation directory.

Also, did you do a full install (all boxes checked)? If not, you may want to uninstall and reinstall this way. Saves lots of time not having to swap out CDs every little while...

I checked all the [Alias] files and they're aiming to C:, thats extrange, it still asking about the Disc2 on C: weird..., well i'll reinstall the game soon as possible, thanks for the help friend.

Archived