EEEWW!

Guest Hi Hi Hi Hi

It is a real shame the Imoen Relationship over at Spellhold Studios never got off the ground. The idea was to create content for a (normal) bro-sis/sis-sis relationship and explore how if would effect their childhood friendship.

But I wouldn't be tempted to write a RE Imoen encounter, it just doesn't work as a single scene/flirt kind of thing.

Now see...Imoen...kind of weirds me out as a romantic option. :laugh: I mean, the PC grew up with her as a sister.

Err...

No. PC grew up with her as a childhood friend. Personally, I would find the idea of romancing Imoen a lot more appealing if it would happen in Candlekeep or during BG1.

See, it all depends on how you play and what your PC says/does. I always leaned toward the sisterly relationship, so trying to think of her romantically is just plain weird for me. I do see the appeal of a "childhood sweethearts" kind of thing, but:

Personally, I can't really imagine my PC having any relationship with her. She's a thief and stealing is wrong.

There are plenty of fanfics, though; I particularly recommend this one: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3416801/1/Shared_Soul

Agreed - it's an excellent story, and undergoing a total overhaul that makes it even better. :laugh:

I think something lacking for female PCs is a truly evil male romance option (power-hungry, manipulative, cruel, etc, etc). Edwin is...well, just too funny for me to take him seriously, although I do adore him. And, of course, Tsujatha is evil, but only romances a good female. I can see the appeal of an evil Sarevok romance, but it would be a constant power struggle I think. He just does not seem like the kind of guy to stay in the background for long. :)

I guess if you want an evil romance then Domi's Diriel for IWD2 fits the bill quite nicely. (And of course, for the fellas, Salomeya makes Viconia look like a cheerleader...)

However, I can't quite see the appeal of a relationship with an utterly evil, manipulative character. It was quite fun to play with Diriel, but I had to make a female character so dumb and submissive that I could justify her falling for a man like that. I'm not sure a submissive Bhaalspawn would make sense, given what the PC has managed to survive by the time she reaches ToB.

Angelo and Xan do evil things to their partners, but it's more like "everyday evil", not "rule the word" evil. Diriel does fit nicely, though. I usually play myself, and when masks go off, I'm sharp, driven and manipulative, so I disagree about "must be an idiot to romance Diriel".

By the way, Domi, no chance of meeting the guy in BG2? Say, IWD2 protagonist was a male, Diriel decided to move south after the quest was over... ? :laugh:

Diriel will make Elhan look like a gift :laugh: He can probably fit in with Faldorn's party... maybe try to challenge him before Faldorn, that could be quite a romantic encounter between the hits of the stuff, small dialogues poping up every time the character is taking damage, matrix cartoon style... and the additional bonus is that you can kill him in the end too. Too bad the elves cannot be druids in BG2 though.

Mmm...yes, Diriel. He is quite yummy, although really all of the romance options for IWD2 were delightful in their own way. :laugh:

I think something else that appeals to me for an evil romance for BG2 is the chance for the PC to be a manipulator, instead of just being manipulated. Some well placed CHA/INT/WIS checks..."Yes, of course I would do anything for you" *smirk*, almost like a game of chess and you both think you're winning. :)

Guest Guest_HighTimeRodeo_*
There are plenty of fanfics, though; I particularly recommend this one: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3416801/1/Shared_Soul

Agreed - it's an excellent story, and undergoing a total overhaul that makes it even better. :)

I think something lacking for female PCs is a truly evil male romance option (power-hungry, manipulative, cruel, etc, etc). Edwin is...well, just too funny for me to take him seriously, although I do adore him. And, of course, Tsujatha is evil, but only romances a good female. I can see the appeal of an evil Sarevok romance, but it would be a constant power struggle I think. He just does not seem like the kind of guy to stay in the background for long. :(

Yes, but the constant power struggle makes it more interesting. I mean, if life was all bliss, all the time with no, slightly good natured, arguments, and of course making up, there'd be no fun. And none of us would be around here to discuss this too as well.

Archived