Ease-of-use party AI & Goodberries

Guest 2Points

Hi there,

I've been using SCSII for a while now and have been pretty happy with it (well, the Ogre Mage in Irenicus' dungeon almost destroyed me the first time I came across him... but that's another story). Anyway, I've assigned the EoU party AI script to my spellcasters and set the casting mode to two. This works well for my mages, they cast Armor, Stoneskin etc. without problems. But looking at my poor druid, I've yet to see him cast Goodberries even once. I've looked at the script, at around line 880, but couldn't see anything obvious that would cause errors:

IF
ActionListEmpty()
CombatCounter(0)
!Global("DMWWBuff","LOCALS",0)
!Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
!InventoryFull(Myself)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_GOOD_BERRIES)
!CheckStatGT(Myself,0,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ApplySpellRES("wesalac",Myself)
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_GOOD_BERRIES)
END

Could the Spell_Rev mod, which I also installed, be interfering here?

Thanks for your time in advance.

IF
ActionListEmpty()
CombatCounter(0)
!Global("DMWWBuff","LOCALS",0)
!Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
!InventoryFull(Myself)
HaveSpell(CLERIC_GOOD_BERRIES)
!CheckStatGT(Myself,0,SPELLFAILUREMAGE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ApplySpellRES("wesalac",Myself)
	Spell(Myself,CLERIC_GOOD_BERRIES)
END

I don't know the entire script this comes from, but it looks like that it should fire

IF

1) You've not given a task (i.e. they're idle)

2) They're not in combat

3) Not in buffing mode

4) No enemies around

5) Have a place in inventory

6) Have the cleric spell

7) Spell failure mage ? not greater than 0

-- I don't think this line is needed. Mage failure has no bearing on cleric spells. There is a spell failure priest stat.ids entry I believe. But wouldn't non mages have a 0 value anyway?

Then it applies the two spells. I don't know what the first one is, the second is obvious though.

You could try the e-series, I know the goodberries are cast in that script. I would recommend you to try my party ai script, but teambg.eu has been down for a while now and I've not setup a new home yet.

I usually get hosed on the ActionListEmpty(). I tend to forget that there are spells that fire after rest or when idle. I seem to always move my party right when they start casting and so the spell becomes lost.

As suggested I removed the line -- my druid immediately began casting Goodberries when I loaded my save state. Thanks a lot for your help!

Anyway, this line exists for several other clerical spells in the script and might also impair their functionality - I couldn't test this yet since my druid only knows lowly spells.

Absolutely.

Change the relevant cleric/druid spell casting blocks to "SPELLFAILUREPRIEST" instead and all should be well.

I've never used the ease-of-use script, so haven't noticed :)

I'm slightly puzzled by this, because it works fine on my system as is.

Archived